You’re more than likely familiar with our weekend guide, but there’s still a lot to mark down on ye olde calendrier during the weekdays. Hence this pocket guide! We’ll cover everything from tunes to books to art to…you name it, basically; if it’s virtual, and good, we’re gonna talk about it:
Monday August 17th
- Disclosure will be celebrating their latest record release via a live-streamed Cercle performance, and you can tune in at noon ET.
- More into learning? Brooklyn Brainery will host a virtual Fermented Veggies course starting at at 7pm; tickets are $15.
- Meanwhile, Kate Reed Petty will be in conversation about her book True Story with Thao Nguyen for Strand Bookstore starting at 7pm ET.
Tuesday August 18th
- Starting things off in book territory, you can catch Aimee Nezhukumatathil talking World of Wonders with Mira Jacob via Books Are Magic’s Zoom event starting at 7pm ET.
- Moving into the art world, you can join the Phillips Collection as they explore the innovative artwork of Barbara Hepworth, a pioneering twentieth-century sculptor. Starts at 5pm ET.
Wednesday August 19th
- Start off with some guided meditation via the Phillips Collection at 12:45pm ET.
- In terms of tunes, Billie Eilish is set to perform at the Democratic National Convention at 9pm ET.
- You can also catch Shura playing The Last of Us Part II via Twitch starting at 4pm ET.
- If comedy’s more your jam, head on over to Nowhere Comedy Club’s virtual evening with Abbi Crutchfield; starts at 9pm ET, and tickets are $10+.
- Or if you’d rather learn something, head on over to Brooklyn Brainery’s Fermented Sodas & Fizzy Beverages class starting at 7pm; tickets are $15.
- Meanwhile, Hirshhorn will host TWO solid digital events – the first starts at 2pm ET, and will feature AA Bronson and Adrian Stimson in conversation Hirshhorn assistant curator Betsy Johnson for a discussion on their work and recent collaboration. The second is at 6pm ET, and will feature Sweet Cherrie, musical director and lead vocalist, and Lil Boogie, percussionist of the all-female band Be’la Dona as they explore what it means to be a musical director, as well as the signature rhythms and melodies that make-up Go-Go.
Thursday August 20th
- Tune into the Democratic National Convention to catch The Chicks performing at 9pm ET.
- You can also scope Buscabulla via KEXP’s YouTube stream starting at 6pm ET.
- Or if you’re trying to hone your culinary skills, hit up Brooklyn Brainery’s Sichuan Cooking on the Fly class; starts at 5pm ET, tickets are $22.
Tune in Friday mornings for the weekend compendium, which features virtual AND IRL programming, depending on your pandemic comfort levels. Sign up for our newsletter to breezily stay on top of that here.