You’re more than likely familiar with our weekend guide, but there’s still a lot to mark down on ye olde calendrier during the weekdays. Hence this pocket guide! We’ll cover everything from tunes to books to art to…you name it, basically; if it’s virtual, and good, we’re gonna talk about it:
Monday September 28th
- Kicking things off in tunes territory, we’ve got a Deerhoof listening party happening via YouTube at 3pm ET.
- And in literary town, be sure to scope Eleanor Herman speaking with Politics & Prose all about her new book, Sex with Presidents: The Ins and Outs of Love and Lust in the White House at 6pm ET!
- Plus Matty Matheson will be going live with Strand Bookstore at 7pm ET to talk all things Home Style Cookery! Tickets start at $10.
- Meanwhile, Books Are Magic will host a Black Girl Mystery panel ft. Rachel Howzell Hall, Alyssa Cole, Tiffany D. Jackson and Tracy Deonn at 7pm ET; free to attend, just be sure to register!
Tuesday September 29th
- For starters, most definitely tune into a Phillips Collection-hosted conversation between Dr. Adrienne L. Childs, guest curator of exhibition Riffs and Relations, and artist Renee Cox at 5:30pm ET.
- You should also gear up for some great Politics & Prose conversations ft. Nick Hornby at 4pm ET and Al Sharpton at 6pm ET.
- In film territory, meanwhile, you can join documentary filmmaker Jeff Orlowski for a conversation about the dark side of social media and his new film, The Social Dilemma via 92Y at 7:30pm ET.
- It’s also p. likely we’ll experience some level of second lockdown, so why not get prepped with this quarantine cooking class via Brooklyn Brainery at 7pm ET? Tickets are $25.
- Just wanna LOL? Michelle Buteau’s comedy special hits Netflix today!
Wednesday September 30th
- As usual, we vote you kick off your day at 12:45pm ET with Phillips Collection-hosted free guided meditation!
- Later, be sure to tune into a James T. Demetrion Lecture with Jordan Casteel via Phillips Collection; starts at 7pm ET, free!
- AND scope Mayor Muriel Bowser’s 35th Annual Mayor’s Arts Awards airing at 7pm ET!
- It’s also FALL FOLIAGE TIME, so get real knowledgeable about your leaf peepin’ skills via this $5 Brooklyn Brainery class at 7pm ET.
- Or if you’re in the mood to learn about food instead, take a paella masterclass with Chef Danny Lledó of Xiquet; starts at 6pm ET over Zoom, and tickets are $39 each.
- More into tunes? Whitney will go live via NoonChorus at 9pm ET for $20+.
- Meanwhile, Nathaniel Rateliff will be go living live via Seated at 9pm ET for a pay-what-you-want price tag.
- (You can also just do what I’m doing, aka watching Birmingham City v. Everton for the FA Women’s Cup Semi-Final at 2:15pm ET; I have no horse in this race, I just need to scope who’s potentially facing off against MY team if/when they get to the final. Also Everton beat Chelsea this weekend which I thought was p. dope!)
Thursday October 1st
- Beginning in tunes territory, Cults have a record release party via LPR TV at 9pm ET; grab a subscription for $19.99/month.
- Also be sure to tune into Which Side Are You On? Voices for Kentucky and Beyond at 8pm ET ft. Phoebe Bridgers, S.G. Goodman, Bright Eyes, Jim James, Becca Mancari and more. (FREE!)
- Meanwhile in BOOKS town, we’ve got Matty Matheson speaking AGAIN, this time with Politics & Prose, all about Home Style Cookery at 6pm ET.
- Plus Chasten Buttigieg will be in conversation about I Have Something To Tell You via 92Y at 6pm ET for $20..
- But maybe you’re more into learning all about Norse runes, in which case take an intensive with Lux Heljardóttir for Catland at 7pm ET! Tickets are $75.
- (Or, again, just do what I’m doing aka watching Arsenal *hopefully* kick Man City’s ass in the FA Women’s Cup Semi-Final at 2:15pm! Tough draw either way!)
Tune in Friday mornings for the weekend compendium, which features virtual AND IRL programming, depending on your pandemic comfort levels. Sign up for our newsletter to breezily stay on top of that here.