You’re more than likely familiar with our weekend guide, but there’s still a lot to mark down on ye olde calendrier during the weekdays. Hence this pocket guide! We’ll cover everything from tunes to books to art to…you name it, basically; if it’s virtual, and good, we’re gonna talk about it:
Monday August 10th
- Very obviously catch Ann Friedman and Aminatou Sow talking Big Friendship: How We Keep Each Other Close with Samhita Mukhopadhyay for Politics and Prose! Starts at 8pm ET!
- You can also tune into Strand Bookstore’s live-streamed chat w/ Adam Rutherford on How To Argue With A Racist; that one starts at 6pm ET.
Tuesday August 11th
- Kick things off over on our IG Live, because Puddin’ will be giving us a run-through of some new menu items at 1pm ET!
- You can also catch Mirah going live on NOONCHORUS starting at 8pm ET; she’ll be doing songs from You Think It’s Like This But Really It’s Like This, and tickets start at $15.
- Plus most definitely catch Bully over on KEXP’s YouTube channel at 6pm ET!
- SummerStage Anywhere, meanwhile, will feature a talk w/ Chris Frantz (of Talking Heads and Tom Tom Club) and Julia Cumming (of Sunflower Bean) at 8pm ET!
- Into learning? Brooklyn Brainery will host The History of Scotch Whisky ($6) at 6:30pm ET, Paint & Sip ($13) at 6:30pm ET, and Foraged Medicine and Virtual Weed Walk ($10) at 5pm ET!
- You can also find out all about the art of pickling via Atlas Obscura’s 7pm ET class! Tickets are $25 per device.
- OR if witchcraft is more your speed, then hit up Catland’s course all about the upcoming harvest moon! Tickets are $15.
Wednesday August 12th
- Start with some guided meditation courtesy of the Phillips Collection! Free to tune in starting at 12:45pm ET.
- For literary vibes, catch Diane Cook in conversation about The New Wilderness with Arianna Rebolini! Books Are Magic will be streaming the chat live via Zoom starting at 7pm ET.
- Plus Sara Schaefer will be in conversation with Naomi Ekperigin to celebrate the release of Schaefer’s memoir, Grand, via Strand Bookstore’s live stream! Starts at 7pm ET.
- You can also do a little bit o’ learnin’ via Brooklyn Brainery’s class lineup tonight; Herbs for Stress and Anxiety ($12) is at 6pm ET, The Archaeology of Beer ($6) is at 7:30pm ET, and Collage Self-Portraits ($15) is at 7pm ET.
- More into TV? Catch the first season of (Un)Well, which hits Netflix at 3:01am ET.
Thursday August 13th
- For starters, head on over to our IG Live feed; Killa Cakes will be taking over at 3pm ET for an afternoon of baking!
- And while we’re on the foodie vibes, you can also learn how to forage a meal via Atlas Obscura’s 5pm ET class! Tickets are $25 per device.
- For conversational vibes, most definitely tune into the Phillips Collection’s artist talk with Luca Buvoli, who’ll be speaking about his contributions to Phillips’ first digital Intersections project, Picture: Present, and his series Astrodoubt and the Quarantine Chronicles! Starts at 5:30pm ET.
- Plus catch comedians Michelle Buteau and Jordan Carlos, co-hosts of Adulting, over on 92Y’s live-stream at 8pm ET! Tickets are $10.
- If books are more your jam, hit up Books Are Magic’s Zoom conversation ft. Michele Filgate on What My Mother and I Don’t Talk About with Kiese Laymon, Nayomi Munaweera and Brian Gresko! Starts at 7pm ET.
- Plus Heather Cabot will be in conversation with Zibby Owens to celebrate the release of her book, The New Chardonnay: The Unlikely Story of How Marijuana Went Mainstream, over on Strand Bookstore’s live stream starting at 7pm ET!
- More into music? Surfer Blood will celebrate 10 years of Astro Coast on NOONCHORUS tonight starting at 6pm ET; tickets start at $10.
- You can also scope Kaitlyn Aurelia Smith at 9:30pm ET for $15+…
- …and on YouTube, meanwhile, you can scope Lucinda Williams on KEXP’s channel at 6pm ET,
- Plus Charli XCX is going live via BOILER ROOM TV starting at 6pm ET! Tickets start at $5.
Tune in Friday mornings for the weekend compendium, which features virtual AND IRL programming, depending on your pandemic comfort levels. Sign up for our newsletter to breezily stay on top of that here.