Good morning everyone. This weekend, like the past weekends and future weekends will be livestreamed. It is what it is, we may as well try and make the most of it. Lets get a mood going here with Dua Lipa’s “Break My Heart” (which really should be called “Should Have Stayed At Home”), obviously the #AtHome version:
- Please stay home.
- If you don’t have face masks, make one (and hell, make someone you love one) – here’s how. And you can make them out of almost anything.
- Here is how to shop locally for all your COVID essentials (including face masks)
- Tune into @brightestyoungthings instagram for our daily livestreams, so you can see faces from our community and feel a little less isolated.
ALSO IN LIEU OF UPCOMING BYT IRL EVENTS, WE HAVE SOME VIRTUAL ONES:
- APRIL 30th, 8pm – We are thrilled to partner with National Air and Space Musem’s SPACE SONGS – a virtual concert feat. Beth Gibbard, Bethany Cosentino, Valerie June, Wolf Parade, Grace Potter and more, with a message we can all get behind. SAVE NEXT THURSDAY AT 8PM for this. Trust us.
- MAY 1st – BYT & Instagram are planning something very special on the @brightestyoungthings account – watch this space / get excited.
Friday April 24
- Check in with DC artists and organizations today, courtesy of Halcyon’s virtual DC Art Community Day.
- Earth Day Live wraps today at 9pm ET, will feature yoga, tunes, chats and more!
- Speaking of nature – our & Hoegaarden’s Spring Collective livestream series continues with Hoegaarden x Cheesemonster Studio: Indoor Picnic Treats at 2pm on the @brightestyoungthings Instagram. Join in with a #Hoegaarden #CherryBlossom in hand. Drizly delivers. Use code CHERRYBLOSSOM for $5 off your first order. Cheers!
- DCist & Sixth and I’s Living Room concert series continues today with a BYT favorite Odetta Hartman. Join in at 4pm for a nice little end-of-“work”-week folk freak out wind down.
- Meanwhile, Room Service Fest launches today, and is three days of performances from RAC, Shallou, Gallant, Netsky, Clean Bandit, Mt. Joy, Chromeo, Autograf and more! 100% of proceeds will go to Feeding America and Sweet Relief, and everything kicks off at 3pm ET.
- More into Andrew Bird? Catch him performing for a new round of Pickathon’s presentation of A Concert A Day at 4pm on YouTube, Twitch and/or FB!
- If you’re into combo performance-chats, En Vogue will play some tunes ‘n do an interview with Holly Robinson-Peete on their YouTube channel and Facebook page at 5pm ET!
- Some are taking to Minecraft to perform; Square Garden will feature performances from 100 gecs, Charli XCX, Kero Kero Bonito and more to benefit Feeding America, and that’ll all start at 6pm ET.
- Or if you don’t know what in TF Minecraft is, just go hang out at Big Freedia’s weekly Friday Night Shakedown over on FB and IG at 9pm ET!
- Porkchop Volcano is hosting Zoom Improv!
- Lots of great virtual theatre happening in DC: check out Round House Homebound + the Play at Home initiative from Woolly Mammoth and Baltimore Center stage + Folger’s Streaming Shakespeare. Lets have a round of applause for the theatre community.
- Plus scope a new round of Hot Mess Digital Drag Show via House of Yes at 10pm! (British Invasion themed tonight!)
- But maybe you just fucking love the National Treasure franchise, in which case head on over to Caveat’s livestream to experience National Treasure 3: Club Of Liberty, a screen play they wrote because of course they did!
Saturday April 25
- It is SHOP SMALL day. Lots of DC businesses are offering deals, plus use this list for our ongoing/growing resource of DC businesses open for delivery right now.
- While you’re at it – we love this list of 100 ways to virtually experience DC right now.
- Entertainment wise, Kick off your day by watching Peggy Gou DJ bright ‘n early at 8am for Boiler Room’s Streaming From Isolation series!
- Hang out with Samantha Irby and Politics and Prose today.
- But maybe that feels too early, in which case try your luck at getting into House Party; it’ll feature Felix Da Housecat, Pete Tong and more, but capacity is limited to 500 people, first come first served! Starts at noon EST on Zoom and Facebook, and GoFundMe donations will benefit Ibiza Red Cross.
- Or combine some house music with YOGA via House of Yes’ noon ET presentation of Deep Beats! (You can also pop back over at 8pm ET for a new round of Cyber Saturdays: Digital Dance Party!)
- There’s also a full day o’ tunes happening on Twitch’s free virtual music festival to benefit MusiCares! Lineup includes Netta, Hanson and more.
- But do you love The Beatles? Scope Yellow Submarine at noon ET, ‘cause it’s streaming as a global sing-along event on their YouTube page!
- Back over on flippin’ Minecraft it’s Block by Blockwest at 3pm ET ft. Pussy Riot, The Wrecks, Grandson, Hunny and more!
- Or if you’d prefer less Minecraft-y platforms, Bad Bad Hats are going live on YouTube for their weekly pop-in at 4pm ET!
- Love + Solidarity Collective is hosting a night of lost-gigs concerts.
- At 5pm ET we’ve got the Earth Night edition of Club House, a weekly online dance party and fundraiser hosted by Jasmine Solano! Madame Gandhi, A-Trak, Vashtie and Moma are all on the lineup, hell yeah!
- We should also be REAL PUMPED for Doja Cat’s performance on IPSY’s IG Live at 8pm ET!
- Or, just wrap up 420 week with a v. appropriate round of Drug Test via Caveat’s live stream! Tonight’s topic is Doing Drugs In Quarantine.
Sunday April 26
- Go outside (SAFELY). Check out this great list of natural wonders in and around DC while you’re at it. Enjoy some forest bathing while you’re out there.
- Hit up Earth Night’s Global B2B ft. 100+ DJs across 50+ cities, all doing one track each live! Kicks off at 10am ET.
- And speaking of Earth Day vibes, Michael Stipe, Patti Smith, Flea and more are joining Pathway to Paris Earth Day 50: A Virtual Festival for Our Planet on IG Live at 4pm ET!
- More into cinema? AN ASIAN AMERICAN FILM THING is a celebration of Asian- American filmmakers by screening their shorts, and it’s happening via Caveat livestream at 7pm ET!
- GLAAD is set to host Together in Pride: You are Not Alone at 8pm ET via Facebook Live! The livestream will raise funds for LGBTQ community centers that are members of CenterLink, and everybody from Bebe Rexha to Billy Eichner to Lilly Singh to Adam Lambert to Tatiana Maslany will be there // YES, PLEASE.
- PLUS you can Stephen Sondheim’s 90th birthday with “Take Me To The World: A Sondheim 90th Birthday Celebration”, which’ll air at 8pm ET on Broadway.com and the Broadway.com YouTube channel. Featured performances from artists who appeared in his shows, including Meryl Streep, Bernadette Peters, Patti LuPone, Audra McDonald, Mandy Patinkin and more!
- And it’s the SERIES FINALE of Homeland on Showtime at 9pm ET! Insert all of the Claire Danes crying faces here!
AND if Monday seems kind of stressful as a prospect, don’t forget, NEVER HAVE I EVER will be on Netflix (and in our lives) by then:
Any other suggestions? Ideas? We’d love to hear what you are doing to keep yourself going. Let us know at [email protected]
BYT makes our living off of things that are currently non-existent as a source of income (arts, events, arts and event advertising). If you’d like to support the work we do, click here. Every little helps right now. Thank you.