- Please stay home.
- If you don’t have face masks, make one (and hell, make someone you love one) – here’s how. And you can make them out of almost anything.
- Tune into @brightestyoungthings instagram for our daily livestreams, so you can see faces from our community and feel a little less isolated.
FRIDAY – April 17th
- For starters, FIONA APPLE HAS A NEW RECORD OUT! THIS IS NOT A DRILL!
- Robyn will be hosting a live DJ set from her virtual venue Club Domo at 3pm ET!!! THIS IS ALSO NOT A DRILL!
See, everything is already (SLIGHTLY) better?
- For a slightly different pace, Pickathon’s presentation of A Concert A Day will host Jeff Tweedy at 4pm ET via Facebook, Twitch ‘n YouTube!
- or check out Kennedy Center’s Millennium Stage couch concerts (happening free on Mondays, Wednesdays AND Friday)
- Patreon is hosting their Wellness from Home series for creators.
- Last week we recommended a tour of the hotel from Shining, THIS WEEK we would like to point you toward a virtual tour of the Winchester Mystery House. Staying home doesn’t mean you can’t get spooky.
- And journalist and author Sam Lansky (whose novel Broken People comes out this June) joins themfest for a reading and Q&A at 4:30pm ET!
- Miranda July has a new book out will be in conversation w/ Entertainment Weekly’s David Canfield via 92Y live stream starting at 5pm! (You can also stick around to catch Ronna Glickman and Bryan Safi with Nick Kroll for a special live virtual episode of Ask Ronna w/ Ronna (& Bryan) at 7:30pm ET!)
- Meanwhile, Whitney Screens kicks off at 7pm ET! From now on, each Friday they’ll be sharing one-time-only screenings of video works from the collection. To start, they’re streaming Alex DaCorte’s Rubber Pencil Devil.
- Plus House of Yes will host Hot Mess: Digital Drag Show starting at 10pm ET!
- Just flippin’ love K-Pop? BTS is doing a big ol’ concert marathon called “Bang Bang Con” which kicks off at 11pm ET!
SATURDAY – April 18th
- First, SopranosCon Cares kicks off at noon; it’s a virtual tele-con ft. 30+ OG cast members of The Sopranos including Federico Castellucio (Furio Giunta), Vincent Curatola (Johnny Sack), Jerry Adler (Hesh) and more, and proceeds will benefit the First Responders’ Children’s Foundation!
- Trying to stay active? THERE’S FLIPPIN’ VIRTUAL GOAT YOGA AT NOON ET!
- AND House of Yes is hosting Deep Beats Yoga at noon ET, plus there’s a new round of Cyber Saturdays: HOY Digital Dance Party starting at 8pm ET!
- Trying to zen away the past week: may we recommend a virtual tour of the Baltimore Aquarium
- Lady Gaga is leading up One World: Together At Home in celebration and support of health care workers and the COVID-19 Solidarity Response Fund for the World Health Organization (WHO)! It’ll be broadcast across multiple networks (ABC, NBC, The CW and more) starting at 2pm ET, and there’ll be appearances from Amy Poehler, Lizzo, Elton John, Megan Rapinoe, Christine and the Queens, Lily Tomlin, Billie Eilish, Taylor Swift, Kacey Musgraves, Victoria Beckham, Awkwafina, Céline Dion, OPRAH…you name it, everybody’s gonna be there.
- If you’re lookin’ for LOLs, look to Caveat’s presentation of Vocabaret: The Livestream! Sam Corbin, Tim Donnelly, Jerzy Gwiazdowski, Ally Spier and Nikolai Vanyo will kick everything off at 7pm ET.
- also for the LOL’s: DC Comedy Potluck!
- Just trying to connect with queer community? Go Gay DC is hosting a Fabulous Zoom Social at 7pm ET!
- themfest also continues with an appearance from Stephanie Beatriz at 4pm ET!
- In terms of cinema, Paramount is hosting a 25th-anniversary screening of Tommy Boy hosted by the film’s director, Peter Segal, at 8pm ET!
- Or if you’re a big fan of ye olde muppets, catch Moving Image’s live-streamed conversation between Gonzo puppeteer Dave Goelz and Frank Oz as they discuss the challenges ‘n charms of bringing the Muppets to the streets of New York City in The Muppets Take Manhattan!
SUNDAY – April 19th
- Start the day off right by applying some quarantine make-up while lip-syncing to John Mulaney. This is 150% a real thing.
- Want to figure out SOMETHING to read, after all? This is a great rabbit hole of inspiration to go down.
- We are not children (sigh) – but a day of HOW THINGS FLY activities courtesy of Smithsonian’s National Air and Space Museum sounds pretty delightful.
- Ready for some ACTUALLY cool cats and kittens? May we point you into the direction of Suns Cinema’s CatVideoFest.
- Catch a 3:20pm ET live broadcast of Crestone as part of Boiler Room’s 4:3 Online Film Festival!
- Plus poet and screenwriter Fatimah Ashgar will join the ongoing themfest lineup for a reading at 5pm ET!
- You can also lean in to your heightened wine appreciation by popping by 92Y’s chat with Victoria James, once America’s youngest sommelier at 6pm!
- And Nowadays hosts Rachel Noon’s Large Marge party with a special aerobic-ready power hour before Sunday regulars Honcho share a 4 hour recording (from the very last party at Nowadays before they had to close due to COVID-19, womp womp), and action is set to kick off at 8pm ET.
Any other suggestions? Ideas? We’d love to hear what you are doing to keep yourself going. Let us know at [email protected]
BYT makes our living off of things that are currently non-existent as a source of income (arts, events, arts and event advertising). If you’d like to support the work we do, click here. Every little helps right now. Thank you.