all photos: Jeff Martin, styling: Mary Godier
Rumor has it, it is apparently sports season. Football is on, baseball play offs are in the air, and while BYT is about 50% on how seriously we take our sports fandom (meaning 50% of the office CARES A LOT, and 50% of the office cares not at all), we ARE very serious about our Sunday snacking and drinking.
So, we partnered with our good friends at Whole Foods DC to put together your essential Sunday shopping list, no matter what you’re into. BONUS: The can now be delivered through Amazon too. BONUS TO THE BONUS: All sparkling wine in local stores is 20% Friday, Sept 29 – Sunday, Oct 1.
Cheers to that!
OK, so what’s in our shopping cart?
- Anxo/Snowdrift Transcontinental Collab: made with Foxwhelp, Yarlington Mill, Dabinett, and Golden Russet apples, with notes of orange blossoms, orange oil, tropical fruit, and fresh flowers. ANXO Cidery is DC’s first cidery, and the Transcontinental is on sale for $11.99 at all DC and Northern Virginia Whole Foods Market locations. Buy 6 bottles or more and receive 10% off.
- Porch Pounder’s Red Wine can: No corkscrew, no problem. This Pinot Noir based blend from Paso Robles leads with fresh raspberries, strawberries, mocha and caramel. Bountiful cherries, cinnamon spice are followed by round tannins with a long last finish of vanilla and mocha
- Presto Sparkling Cuvee (Prosecco): Italian sparkling wine, ideal for the best tailgate fresh-squeezed mimosa or bellini out there! (DON’T FORGET THAT 20% OFF THIS WEEKEND)
- Old Ox Brewery’s Alpha Ox: Amazing hop character, satisfying malt backbone, smooth finish. Citrus and pine hoppiness. Old Ox Brewery is based out of Ashburn, VA
- Wellshire Premium Beef Franks: Skinless, all beef frank crafted from animals raised humanely and fed a vegetarian grain diet, free of preservatives, antibiotics, nitrates, and nitrites (365 Everyday Value Ketchup and Mustard with no high fructose corn syrup, or artificial flavors, colors, sweeteners or preservatives
- Whole Foods Market Animal-Welfare Rated 90% Lean Ground Beef Burgers:
- Buffalo Wings; Chicken Wings: As with everything in our stores, these are free of artificial flavors, sweeteners, colors, and preservatives.
- Ayoba-Yo: Beef jerky from Virginia, Biltong is a South African jerky that has a texture somewhere between jerky and prosciutto. Made with the best cuts of beef that are marinated, spiced and air-dried for over fourteen days.
- BEYOND MEATS:
- Beyond Burger: The world’s first plant-based burger that looks, cooks, and tastes like a fresh beef burger. It has all the juicy, meat deliciousness of a traditional burger, but comes with the upsides of a plant-based meal. The Beyond Burger™ packs 20 g of plant-based protein and has no GMOs, soy or gluten.
- The Farm at Red Hill: small family-run farm located just eight miles from Charlottesville in North Garden, Virginia
- SNACKS (ready to go, even when you’re running late):
- Eat Pizza: frozen pizza, made in DC out of Union Kitchen, with San Marzano tomatoes and organic flour. Throw it on the grill!
- Route 11 Chesapeake Crab Chips: Small batch chips, local from Mt. Jackson, VA, taste like a summer crab feast.
- Shrimp Cocktail
- Guac/Hummus/365 Chips (duh)
- AND, OF COURSE…
- Moorenkos Ice Cream: Silver Spring, MD-based, Moorenkos is an ultra-premium ice cream made with 17% milkfat for a rich, creamy flavor
Got all that? Happy Sundaying!