Who knew? The first long weekend of the year is already here. So, to make sure you maximize your brunch experience this weekend (as in, why just brunch on a Sunday when you can brunch on BOTH Sunday AND Monday?) here is a handy list of some of our favorite brunches around town open on Monday, January 19th.
BRUNCHES YOU MAYBE HAVEN’T TRIED YET
- El Camino – The brand spankin’ new Mexican eatery in Bloomingdale from the guys that brought us 1905 will be open all day on Monday. Brunch will be available from 11am to 3pm with a full menu of Mexican-inspired brunch dishes including Migas with onions, peppers, queso fresco, and chorizo; an Omelette Salsa Huitlacoche with shiitake mushrooms, goat cheese, salsa roja, salsa verde and hash browns; and Chilaquiles with black beans, smoked Gouda, caramelized onions, fried eggs. Want to keep the party going? The bar will be open throughout the afternoon with tacos available from 3 to 5 before dinner service begins.
- Tico -will be open Monday from 11am to 3pm, serving brunch along with bottomless Bloody Mary’s and mimosas for $19. Some highlights from the brunch menu include Duck Confit and Green Chile Hash with poached eggs and chipotle hollandaise, and Breakfast Burrito with scrambled eggs, chorizo, jalapeño, green onions and cheese.
- Copperwood Tavern – will be serving brunch 10 AM to 4 PM. A la carte options include a little something for everyone such as Scotch Eggs, Blueberry Ricotta Pancakes, served with orange honey butter; Duck Hash, duck leg confit, potatoes, onion, carrot, bell pepper, and two poached eggs; as well as Short Rib Benedict, root beer braised short ribs served with hollandaise. Additionally, guests can enjoy a variety of cocktails including the traditional Mimosa, sparkling wine and fresh orange juice; Bellini, sparkling wine, white peach and raspberry puree; with a side of Bloody Mary Bar: Classic Bloody Mary, Vegetarian Mary, BBQ Mary and the Seafood Mary. For additional information and reservations please visit
- City Tap House will be hosting a cask brunch with Laughing Dog Brewing on Martin Luther King Jr. Day. Their regular a la carte brunch will be served on Monday, January 19th from 11 AM to 3 PM including the bottomless brunch bar, which includes endless Bloody Marys, Mimosas and Beer-Mosas for $18 per person. Bonus: The restaurant will also offer two special beers from Laughing Dog Brewery, 10 ounces of Laughing Dog IPA and Alpha Dog Double IPA for $7 each.
CLASSICS & STAND BYs
- Saint-EX and Bar Pilar are both open for brunch on Monday. We recommend getting anything and everything involving a pork belly and/or brisket.
- It is Monday Funday at Vinoteca with bottomless mimosas for only $15, plus hearty brunch dishes like Steak & Eggs Poutine with cheese gravy and mojo verde, and the Duck Confit Benny with morbier and hollandaise on rustic bread.
- At Le Diplomate, go with a Pamplemousse Presse and mushroom tart, breakfast pastries, perfect omelette, or really anything off the brunch menu.
- Cafe Deluxe, is offering its classic weekend brunch menu at all five locations in the DMV. Served until 3pm, diners can expect favorites like the Yuengling bloody mary, cornflake crusted French toast and lump crab cake benedict. The restaurants’ regular menu will be available as well.
- Tortilla Coast on Capitol Hill and in Logan Circle will also be serving weekend brunch on Monday, January 19 until 3pm complete with favorites like captain crunch French toast, huevos rancheros and a build your own bloody mary (or maria) bar.
- Ted’s Bulletin and Matchbox are open at all locations. Ted’s is doing their breakfast and lunch service and Matchbox is serving their brunch (can we recommend checking out the Bloody Mary Burger at Matchbox?)
ALL YOU CAN EAT & DRINK FAVORITES
- Founding Farmers & Farmers Fishers and Bakers is open for their buffet brunch on Monday
- all your Richard Sandoval bottomless brunch stand-bys: El Centro ($35, both 14th and Georgetown locations), Masa 14 ($39), Ambar ($35) Zengo ($39 and $10 for kids) and Toro Toro ($39) are all open on MLK Day. CHOICES! Fwiw, we’re pretty obsessed with Toro Toro brunch.
MORE IN THE MOOD FOR LUNCH THAN BRUNCH?
- Stop by Hank’s for lunch. Seafood, a great cocktail program and those po’boys go a long way. BONUS: wish them “HAPPY ANNIVERSARY” and they’ll take 10% off your lunch check. #RESULTS.
- Duke’s Grocery and all their amazing sandwiches will be served on MLK Day too. Maybe our favorite burger in town right now.
- Lincoln is open for lunch with MLK day specials such as: Ranch Brine Fried Chicken with chicken chicharron bisquits, BBQ Rubbed Scallops and Pecan Pie Praline with cognac ice cream and spicy caramel.
- Teddy & The Bully, also open for lunch.
- Pop’s Seabar and all its fried/I-WISH-IT-WAS-SUMMER-NOW goodness is open for lunch.
- In the mood for some healthier (and fancier) seafood options for that day? Fiola Mare is open for lunch AND serving restaurant week menu.
- and so is Roofer’s Union. Which reminds us:
IMPORTANT BONUS MONDAY EATING INFO:
- Restaurant Week starts on Monday too. THAT MEANS A PLETHORA OF AWESOME LUNCH OPTIONS, DINNER OPTIONS AND MORE. CLICK HERE FOR OUR PRO TIPS GUIDE (we promise we’re stopping the ALL CAPS TYPING NOW)
NOW, go forth and conquer. #Godspeed.