This is the non-eblast version of our new daily eblast! If you want this baby launched into your inbox every morning (and we know you do), click here to subscribe!
Another week down! Feeling stressed or lonely or just need a little pick me up? Scroll down for some sweet things to read, some good music to listen to and all the different ways you can reach out and help the people around you. We’re glad we’re here with you.
BYT makes our living off of things that are currently non-existent as a source of income (arts, events, arts and event advertising). If you’d like to support the work we do, click here. Every little helps right now. Thank you.
Helping Kids Cope with Quarantine
Quarantine is hard on us all, yet it can be toughest on kids. If you are a parent, relative, or caregiver —or if your friends have children— you not only have to grapple with your own pandemic-related concerns, but are tasked with helping a child navigate the chaos in an age-appropriate way.
Plus some more stories:
– DC Fray is raffling off a very cool Land Rover to keep their business going and help raise money for other small local businesses.
– Relief program helps feed restaurant workers who have spent their careers feeding others (via Washington Post)
– What To Stream: Classics for Comfort (via New Yorker)
Join us on Instagram at 12 p.m. for drag and therapy with Mx. N. Match
We are going live with the amazing Mx. N. Match! Get ready for some exxxxxxxcellent drag and a little dose of therapy. We all need it.
Learn Something New
Kick some knowledge straight into your brain:
– Up all your quarantine meals with the help of Milk Street Cooking School’s online classes.
– Check out these masterclasses with some of our favorite female filmmakers via Film at Lincoln Center.
– Enroll in The Science of Well-Being at Yale… Or check out this whole slate of Ivy League courses!
Dance to This
A little dash of Serengeti always makes me feel better (or sadder (or both)).