This is the non-eblast version of our new daily eblast! If you want this baby launched into your inbox every morning at 9:30 a.m. (and we know you do), click here to subscribe!
Pull up a chair and get comfortable. Our new daily eblast is like a little oasis in the desert. It’s full of things to read, good music to listen to and ways you can reach out and help the people around you. We’re glad we’re here with you.
BYT makes our living off of things that are currently non-existent as a source of income (arts, events, arts and event advertising). If you’d like to support the work we do, click here. Every little helps right now. Thank you.
Amanda Knox’s Quarantine Tips
All breweries are hoping to weather this storm with to-go sales of cans, crowlers, growlers, and even kegs. In some cases, their kitchens are open for takeout and delivery. Others have set up (or are in the process of setting up) beer trucks. And, as with restaurants, they’re hoping now might be a good time for you to squirrel away some gift certificates.
Plus some more stories:
– I Was the First Person To Test the Coronavirus Vaccine (via R29)
– DC-Area Grocery Stores Set Aside Times for Seniors, Vulnerable People to Shop (via Washingtonian)
– D.C.’s Drag Community Goes Virtual Amid Coronavirus Crisis (via DCist)
Join us on Instagram at 11 a.m. for a Quaran-Queen makeup tutorial
We are going live with the first edition of #QuaranQueen, with your host: Jaxknife Complex. Set your alarms. See you there!
Order some food from these incredible local restaurants:
– Soothe your nerves with some pozole from Cielo Rojo! They’ve got a “no contact” pick up option that should put you at ease.
– Cure your pancit craving with Bad Saint‘s to-go menu. No lines, no problems.
– Rock your very own multi-course meal at home with Rooster & Owl.
Take a Walk
Visit these local parks and take a walk (just remember to keep your distance from others):
– Take a stroll through Rock Creek Park.
– Skip on over to Theodore Roosevelt Island.
– Pretend you’re an heiress and wander the gardens at the Hillwood Museum.
Dance to This
I can’t believe peak-Sheryl Crow has been reincarnated. You all need to be listening to Soccer Mommy’s new album.