This is the non-eblast version of our new daily eblast! If you want this baby launched into your inbox every morning at 9:30 a.m. (and we know you do), click here to subscribe!
Pull up a chair and get comfortable. Our new daily eblast is like a little oasis in the desert. It’s full of things to read, good music to listen to and ways you can reach out and help the people around you. We’re glad we’re here with you.
BYT makes our living off of things that are currently non-existent as a source of income (arts, events, arts and event advertising). If you’d like to support the work we do, click here. Every little helps right now. Thank you.
Buy Beer, Drink Beer, Be A Hero
All breweries are hoping to weather this storm with to-go sales of cans, crowlers, growlers, and even kegs. In some cases, their kitchens are open for takeout and delivery. Others have set up (or are in the process of setting up) beer trucks. And, as with restaurants, they’re hoping now might be a good time for you to squirrel away some gift certificates.
If you can, these folks could use your help:
– Here’s a list of bartenders / servers you can venmo.
– Local food banks need your help now more than ever. Considering donating to the Capital Area Food Bank, Martha’s Table or Bread for the City.
– And speaking of food, World Central Kitchen is feeding people around the world and around the clock. Throw them some cash.
– In vaguely related news, Sweetgreen is giving away free salads and bowls to hospitals in D.C. If you know a hospital worker or medical professional who needs a meal, send this their way.
Move Your Body
Take an online fitness class from these local studios:
– Get strong with the help of Corepower.
– Up your yoga skills (for free!) with Haus Yoga.
– Speaking of free things, Cut Seven is posting free home workouts online.
Dance to This
The Strokes are back, baby, and they’re serving up some very dance-y 80s styled tunes. I cannot wait for the new album.