Where we have the interns comment on 6 songs that come up on random on the BYT office ipod playlist
Kaylee, age 21
Ashlyn, age 19
1. “Needle in the Hay” by Juliana Hatfield from I Saved Latin! A Tribute to Wes Anderson
Ashlyn – It was sort of making me fall asleep
Kaylee – What a jaunty flute
2. “The Palm Of Your Wave” by Bibio from Ambivalence Avenue
Ashlyn – This sounds like a song my boyfriend would know. I’ll ask him about it when I get home.
Kaylee – Saaaaaaaaaaaaad…?
3. “Commercial” by Das Racist from Sit Down, Man
Ashlyn – All these tootsie pop references are making me hungry. Also, ill doesn’t rhyme with seven.
Kaylee – Great use of tootsie roll/tootsie pop. I dig it.
4. “Purple Rain (mixed)” by Prince from LateNightTales: At The Movies
Ashlyn – PURPLE RAIN, PU-UR-PLE RA-AIN
Kaylee – Prince is always fantastic. One of my friends once presented a class project where he used different pictures of Prince as the background of every single slide. The project had absolutely nothing to do with Prince.
5. “Ain’t Your Right” by Sky Ferreira from Night Time, My Time
Ashlyn – I’d download this, it sounds pretty nice.
Kaylee – Well, this is kind of fun? I guess… Eh… Scratch that, this is kind of boring.
6. “I Zimbra (live)” by Talking Heads from The Name of This Band Is Talking Heads
Ashlyn – I think I like this but I’m not sure. I need to listen to it a few more times.
Kaylee – This is ridiculous. I love it.