all photos: Jeff Martin, Franz Mahr, Clarissa Villondo, Nicholas Karlin, Ike Hayman
The moment you’ve all be waiting for is here! This is the AMAZING photo recap (by the amazing BYT photo team) from this Saturday’s WE THE PARTY PEOPLE, but before we dive in, we want to send out some sincere THANK YOUS:
- Thank you to the National Museum of American History team for inviting us to throw this event with them and for being one of the greatest museums in the world. We hope that you will visit often.
- This event was part of America Now, which is a three-museum collaboration with the National Portrait Gallery, National Museum of American History, and Smithsonian American Art Museum. It is made possible by the generous support of the Robert and Arlene Kogod Family Foundation. The Washington Post is the media sponsor of America Now.
- Thank you to Heineken for supporting our whole #BYTen anniversary event series and for being the first import beer since prohibition! We wouldn’t be this boozy without you.
- Thank you to REI for the amazing experience that was the outdoor terrace. Keep an eye out for SO MANY amazing programs from them this summer. #UnitedOutside
- Thank you to DJ BIZ MARKIE for always being (more than) just a friend the real evening.
- Thank you to our other amazing DJ’s Gavin Holland, Adrian Loving, Mdot. You’re the real MVPs.
- Thank you to Washington Post for presenting the talks and our very interesting speakers: Abby Phillip, Tom Toles, Jon Grinspan (his book is a MUST READ this and every election season), Steven Olikara, Jessica Dahl, Susan Piedmont-Palladino, Jim Bailey, Chris Kelly and Brandon Wetherbee. We felt smarter just being in the same room with you.
- Thank you to amazing chef Ailsa von Dobeneck for teaching us how to snack just like our favorite presidents.
- Thank you to Absolut OAK for tasting just like delicious whiskey and to Wigle Whiskey for being actual delicious whiskey.
- Thank you to Red Bull for making vodka mixers GREAT again.
- Thank you to Founding Farmers, Rito Loco, Red Apron, Duke’s Grocery, Gordy’s Pickle Jar, Mason Dixie and Capital Candy Jar for keeping us full of good food and pinches the entire evening.
- Thank you to our friends at LYFT for getting us home safe: use the code BYT – $50 worth of free ride credits when you sign up (just go here to do it)
- Thank you to Rock The Vote and Brigade for doing work that actually matters.
- Thank you to OM Digital for being THE BEST PHOTOBOOTH IN THE WORLD. You all know by now.
- Thank you to Jackson Pro Audio for keeping things sounding good no matter where we are and our lighting crew DC Night Lights for making everything so pretty all the time.
- Thank you to the tireless BYT and Smithsonian staff for working their cute butts off on this.
- Thank you to our photographers for shooting non-stop and all the time.
- Thank you ALL for coming in your Saturday’s Best and being on top of your Saturday’s Best game – we hope to see you all again soon.
- STAY in the LOOP: follow us on facebook/twitter/instagram For maximum love post these photos with #WeThePartyPeople
- laugh with us this weekend @ Kennedy Center and scoop tickets to our next after hours BEFORE ANYONE ELSE!