- It’s Vegan Week, did you check out our list of places to eat meat free? I highly recommend the comments, lots of good recommendations.
- It’s also coming up on Halloween. We have THE MOST comprehensive guide of what to eat and drink…especially drink.
- ALSO-WHERE TO EAT AND DRINK DURING YOUR RALLYING MANIA on Saturday/Sunday in our “Sane Person’s Guide to DC”
- And just for you…This Friday, Whoops! Bakeshop os setting up a Whoopee Pie Pop-Up Shop on H Street…and it’ll be a Thriller flash mob….and the flavors will be PYT pumpkin and Billie Jean chocolate peanut butter. I mean, c’mon! So perfect.
The local round up!
- Red Derby’s roof deck opens. Have you been?
- Rogue States is coming to 14th and U.
- District Taco will be opening on Arlington soon. (hf Tim Carman at the City Paper)
- Happy anniversary Birch & Barley and Churchkey!
- Want more beer? Rustico opens a Ballston location.
- Wegman’s opens in PG County. Yuppie housewives of DC plan on getting a Zip Car and hussling out there.
- So a place called “International House of Pong” is opening in Georgetown. It’ll feature food, drink and ping-pong… I’ma give this one to Comet first.
- Pasties (pass-tees) are new and hot in the D.C. You can get these savory Cornish pies at Pure Pasty in Vienna, and soon to be served out of a food truck by the same company.
- The best new brunch in town is Masa 14. For $35 you get unlimited mimosas and unlimited servings of a nice selection of dishes. One week into service and I’m still hearing stomach groans via Twitter.
- A very enthusiastic Fritz Hahn told me about Gina Chersevani’s latest act of cocktail sorcery. Called the Sav U’R Cereal, this drink is all the best parts of a bowl of sugary cereal, with all the best parts of Daddy’s liquor cabinet. Milk, bourbon and a Crunch Berry? WTF??? (Photo Fritz Hahn)
And the round up!
- The Huffington Post says “Dirt” will be a dining trend for 2011. Screw you HuffPo and your link-bait photo galleries. Oooh, pretzels!
- In South Korea, you’re only allowed to eat two octopus heads a day.
- Rachael Ray on Twitter: “I am going to try to get good at it. There must be a term for a good tweeter. I don’t know, but I’m going to try to make that sucker chirp.”
- You know how in the future you’ll be able to pay for things for your cell phone? Well, Starbucks is hoping it’ll be a Venti Soy Latte with two shots, extra hot.