Our St.Patrick’s day round-up is coming later today so-watch out for it. Also-this round-up is a teamwork collaboration between Daniella and Svetlana, so you’re really getting a 2-for-1 deal here.
First things first, BYT has been eating and reporting about eating up a storm so check out our coverages from:
- maximum India food demonstrations
- our latest DRINK DIARY installment courtesy of City Zen’s Andy Myers
- COCHON 555
- and the special SILF Edition from BANH MI THROWDOWN @ Ba Bay
LINKS AND THINGS
- 100 ways to cook with Guinness (VIA Endless Simmer)
- Hill Country’s Texas-Style BBQ Now Open In Penn Quarter (Eater DC)
- Young & Hungry takes a look at Black Squirrel’s new downstairs tap room
- Restaurant Eve, PX, Rustico made Imbibe’s list of 100 best places to drink in the South. Congratulations!
- Ray’s Hell Burger in Arlington and Palena in D.C. were among Food & Wine’s list of the 25 best burgers in the U.S. (via TBD)
(photo from epicurious)
- Sticky Fingers’ Doran Peterson gets a cookbook. (via Eater DC)
- Kushi has announced that 100 percent of pork belly sales will be donated to the Japanese Red Cross disaster relief efforts.
- Grubwithus is launching in D.C. The concept brings a new way for people to meet one another by combining social media and group dining.
- Chinatown Coffee Co. is bringing back Food Truck Thursdays starting March 31st with Takorean.The weekly event also features $3 beer specials. More info: (TBD)
- On March 18, hundreds of wine enthusiasts come together for Bottlenote’s inaugural “Around the World in 80 Sips” wine tasting event in Washington DC. It all goes down @ The Newseum. $75 General Admission, $125 VIP. www.bottlenotes.com/80sips.
- Speaking of wine, on March 30th Crystal City’s Jaleo presents an exclusive Catalan Wine Dinner lead by ThinkFoodGroup Beverage Director Jill Zimorski. Showcasing wines she has selected based on her recent trip to Spain, Zimorski will explain the history and the story behind each wine during the five-course dinner menu priced at $95 per person, excluding tax and gratuity. Reservations: 703. 413.8181
- On April 1st Indique Heights hosts a dinner and book party for Sanjeev Kapoor “the Rachael Ray of India”. Tickets are $79 (including dinner, cocktails and a book) or $145 for couples. Call 301.656.4822 for reservations
- Artini preview season is in full swing and it all culminates with a big party @ The Corcoran on April 2nd.
- Just 2 days later Taste of the Nation’s big annual benefit lands @ National Building Museum. More than 60 of local restaurants are participating. Get tickets here.
- Save the date for May 1st: “Domaso is hosting its first annual “Top Dog Half-Smoke Challenge” in which ten renowned area chefs will showcase their interpretation of DC’s iconic local dish, and compete for the title of Top Dog. Admission is $20 per person and includes samples of all 10 half-smokes, a signature Skyy Vodka cocktail, tax and gratuity.”
- and SAVOR is ALREADY sold out (check out our report from last year here)
- Charlie Sheen’s cooking show
- Andrew wk. interview: food is a party
- DEDICATION: Man consumes only beer for lent
- IHOP now serving chicken & waffles
- Keepin’ it classy: VA frat pledge hospitalized for drinking entire bottle of soy sauce