Lots of good local stuff this week, be sure to check it.
- Have you voted for your favorite mobile food vendor? Today’s the last day for selection in the Curbside Cook-off! The current standings are as follows:
1. Food Chain DC
2. District Taco
3. Pleasant Pops
4. BBQ Banditos
5. Curbside Cupcakes
6. Red Hook
7. DC Slices
8. Fojol Bros.
9. Korean Bulgogi (Yellow Cart)
10. El Floridano
- TBD answers the eternal question. How do all those chicken bones get on the sidewalk?
- I love this. Jamie Leeds from Hanks Oyster bar is going to grow her own Chesapeake oysters.
- Goodbye half-smoke, Chicago-style hot dogs are coming to DC. Windy City Red Hots will open in Leesburg. ChiDogO’s will open on 14th and U, you must check out their menu!
- Fairfax County bans chocolate milk in schools. Parents and kids freak out . Parents and kids are idiots.
- Amsterdam Falafel is looking to franchise.
- Have you checked out DC9’s roofdeck?
- CoCo. Sala is opening an adjacent chocolate shop.
- IHOP set to open in Columbia Heights on Nov 16.
- ThaiTanic is opening a 2nd floor sushi lounge called Tsunami.
And the round up.
- I would actually eat at this McDonalds.
- This chocolate is for snorting.
- Jeez. KFC is hiring co-eds to plaster the words “Double-Down” on their asses. In other news, the Double-Down is back baby!