I just left the 9th circle of hell. Or as it’s more commonly known, Tyson’s Corner Mall on the Tuesday before Christmas. The only nice surprise was that Wasabi has built a massive open air, conveyer-belt sushi restaurant in between the escalators by the food court. Easy quick meal, non greasy, and decent prices. If you must go to the mall today, park backwards and east some sushi. WIN. (Image from this guy’s blog.)
And some stuff to hold your attention for 3-7 minutes:
- DC Winter Restaurant Week is announced. Capital Spice has the map. I grouse and remind you that I hate Restaurant Week. Anyone else whose birthday falls during that week, make a reservation somewhere that doesn’t participate now.
- McDonald’s is rolling out a $1 breakfast menu. Utne Reader offers a look at what this cheap mean really means.
- Arnold Palmer, actually making an Arnold Palmer.
- Single Ladies video… Top Chef style.
- Martha Stewart and Snoop make brownies together. Uncomfortable pot jokes run rampant and the Christmas sweater crowd goes nuts. Alex still loves Snoop…and Martha. They’ve both been to jail, so they’re cool with each other.
Have a happy holiday everyone! Be safe, eat well…