All the D.C. news that’s fit to eat (and drink).
This week in BYT Food: Taste Tests, First Looks and More
- Thousands of people gathered at the National Building Museum for Taste of the Nation and we took photos (mostly of the food).
- Game of Thrones is back, and we’re drinking to it with this happy hour guide.
- We learned how to make pasta at Urbana (read: we drank wine while Chef Ethan McKee made pasta).
- 4/20 might have passed, but keep this guide on hand for when you get the munchies later.
- We ate all of the beef at Southern Hospitality. We don’t regret a thing.
Upcoming Food Events:
- Don’t miss our YOUR BEST APRIL guide for some exciting food-related news and events to keep in mind this month.
- Now – As the trees turn from pink to green, Ted’s Bulletin is replacing their cherry pop-tarts with a key-lime pop-tart for just $3.99. It’s filled with lime custard and topped with meringue, lime glaze, graham cracker crumbs…brb, we want one too.
- April 17 – Eat good food for a good cause (besides your own stomach) at the K Street Farm Dinner, featuring locally grown produce.
- April 17 – Live out your dream of becoming a recording artist at Songbyrd Record Cafe, opening today.
- April 23 – Pizza Studio is celebrating their opening by giving out free pizza between 11 a.m. and 2 p.m. and 5 p.m. and 8 p.m. You heard us right, FREE PIZZA.
- April 24 – It’s the 12th annual Georgetown French Market in, well, Georgetown. Treat yourself to crepes, macarons and all sorts of French goodies.
- April 24 – Truckeroo is back this month with live music, games like cornhole, drinks and, of course, plenty of food trucks.
- April 25 – Taste of Three Cities is back in D.C. (with one more city than last time), featuring music from local bands and D.C.’s best food trucks.
- April 30 – The next Grilled Cheese Social at Marvin is here, with music by Jerome Baker III featuring Daniel Biltmore.
- May 4 – It’s the “Burger Days of Summer” for a limited time only at Cafe Deluxe, where they’ll be offering six new burgers, including the Philly Cheesesteak Burger and the Red White and Blue. Summer is in the air and we can almost taste it, literally.
- May 4 to 8 – Granville Moore’s is holding a week-long celebration in honor of their RAMMY nomination, which means a week of good deals on good beer for you.
- May 4 – It’s a double deal with another RAMMY nominee, Mad Fox Brewing Company, tonight for a 4-course pairing dinner.
- May 5 – Granville Moore’s is digging deep into their cellar and offering their finds for 12.38% off.
- May 6 – Drink and mingle with the women in beer at DC Brau, Denizens Brewing Company and Port City for a cover of just $15.
- May 7 – Get a special Trio of Truth combo tonight for just $28, but only while supplies last so get there early!
- May 6 – After the Yona pop-up leaves, Mike Isabella is launching a new menu at G, featuring classic Italian dishes for the spring and summer seasons.
Other Food News:
- District Taco is opening yet another (that makes seven) shop in Rosslyn – their next step on the way to dominating the D.C. taco scene. (WBJ)
- That might not be so easy though, as TaKorean is opening another shop of their own in Eat at National Place. (City Paper)
- Do you know how to pour your champagne correctly? (Washingtonian)
- You can bring your dog on your morning coffee run once Mia’s Coffehouse opens in mid-May. (Hill Now)
- Indulge yourself at one of these twelve fried chicken nights in D.C. (Zagat)