All the D.C. news that’s fit to eat (and drink).
This week in BYT Food: Taste Tests, First Looks and More
- We critiqued some weird asian chip flavors from Chinatown. Who knew that octopus, plum, and strawberry can be in chip form?
- Whether you are a beef connoisseur or just a lover of good prime rib, our taste test at Le Diplomate will have your mouth watering.
- Last Wednesday we attended Peter Chang’s takeover of The Source.
- Gordy’s Pickle Jar’s Sheila Fain and Sarah Gordon showed us What’s In Your Fridge?
- Takoma Park now has a Busboys and Poets.
- Vegans and vegetarians, THIS IS NOT FOR YOU. Le Diplomate has brought back the prime rib.
- We dubbed the goat cheese fondue meal from The Fainting Goat’s new menu a BYT favorite.
Upcoming Food Events:
- February 25 – CircleBack, a tech startup party, is hosting a party to celebrate their new app. Free drinks and catering will be available.
- February 25 – City Perch starts their late night social hour this week. Chill and have drinks daily from 10 pm to close.
- February 26 – Techies can get their drink on at ICT4 Drinks Happy Hour Event at the We Work Wonder Bread Factory. Companies, Tech for Change and Dev Results will be hosting this event.
- February 26 – Learn the history of craft distilling while drinking craft beer and cocktails at American History After Hours, a program created by the Smithsonian Museum of American History.
- March 1 – Cafe/Bar Dupont will be having a oyster special all month long to help the Oyster Recovery Partnership and the Chesapeake. The special include up to a dozen oysters and two Pearl oyster stouts by the Flying Dog Brewery.
- March 2 – Chaplin’s restaurant is having the first Closed Sessions Industry Night where guest bartenders around the city and country come through for Monday night parties every month.
- March 2 – National Harbor Restaurant Week begins. Restaurants such as Rosa Mexicano and Walrus Oyster & Ale House are having a special prix fixe menu for lunch and dinner.
- March 4 – Tap reigns at four Tryst Restaurants for Tap Takeover Week. Drink up some local beer from Denizens Brewing Co all week.
- March 10 – Whether you are craving Italian or Argentinean cuisine, you can experience both at Del Campo’s collaborative dinner with chefs Victor Albisu and Amy Brandwein.
- March 10 – Go Eat Give is celebrating their DC chapter launch at Hierarchy restaurant.There will be refreshments prepared by Hierarchy’s 2-star chef, Gerard Panguard as well as a cash bar.
Other Food News:
- If you are sick and tired of Ramen and Pho during this winter season, warm up with Khao Soi and the restaurants that serve the Burmese- influenced dish.
- DC Brau visitors can no longer get free beer. The brewery stopped giving out free samples after people snuck their way back in to get seconds.
- Now vegetarians can add another restaurant to their list, Vidalia in added vegetarian options to their chef’s menu.