All the D.C. news that’s fit to eat (and drink).
This week in BYT Food:
- We stopped by Casa Luca to try out the new brunch menu that starts this Sunday. Get ready for some delicious Italian food (and warm, fresh bread).
- Executive Chef John Melfi, previously the chef de cuisine at Blue Duck Tavern, is now at Oval Room. Check out our Taste Test and some mouth watering photography.
- Grilled cheeses, tots and shakes (plus some beer)? Melt Shop had us sold, and so of course we went to taste it for ourselves. Cheesy tots, anyone?
- The wait proves worth it for Izakaya Seki. We got a first-hand taste of some of the Japanese pub’s best dishes.
- Crystal City newcomer Highline offers 32 draft beers, sandwiches and mixed cocktails for all.
Other Things You Want to Know
- February is National Heart Health Month, and what better time to start being healthy than after the holiday season. Giant Food is offering in-store nutritionist services to help you load up on heart healthy options.
- Georgetown new-comer Orange Anchor expands its menu this Saturday with a brunch menu full of oysters (offered four different ways!) and the quintessential bloody mary.
- The Bombay Club has launched a new happy hour that features $7 cocktails and free appetizers. The complimentary appetizers change daily, making a great reason to come back for more.
Upcoming Food Events:
- February 21 – It’s the best time of the year, a.k.a. National Biscuits and Gravy Day! One Eight Distilling in Ivy Center is offering tours and tastings of spirits alongside a special Biscuits and Gravy menu by Mason Dixie Biscuit Co.
- February 22 – Head over to Johnny Pistolas to celebrate National Margarita Day in style. Margaritas are included as part of the unlimited all-you-can-eat food offer today, meaning $15 for bottomless tecate, bloody marry, mimosa, sangria, and margaritas.
- February 25 – Mason Social officially opens today in Alexandria, greeting eaters with modern American cuisine and signature drinks. If you’re feeling adventurous, try out the beef burger with bone marrow butter.
- March 2 – Fill up on falafel, hummus, pita and more with the bottomless buffet at Pre-Purim Palooza, co-hosted by EatWell DC and the Jewish Food Experience. Drink specials will also be available.
- March 10 – The Columbia Room, still awaiting its relocation, takes over Bar PX in Alexandria tonight for a pop up event. Reserve a spot here.
Other Food News:
- Macon Bistro & Larder in Chevy Chase welcomed its new executive chef Dan Singhofen last weekend with the unveiling of his new dinner menu. Chef tables will also be offered.