All the D.C. news that’s fit to eat (and drink).
This week in BYT Food:
We wanted to make sure you start of the new year right – with food.
- Make the best of the first long weekend of the year with Monday brunch.
- Start planning for restaurant week early with our pro tips.
- A noodle pop-up called Silk Road appeared in D.C. and we were there to take pictures and eat.
- Taco Bell got “fancy” with Crunchwrap Sliders.
- We tried Nainai’s Noodle and Dumpling Bar. Maybe you needed a reason to visit Silver Spring?
- Aggio’s is a restaurant within a restaurant.
- Nage Bistro’s new chef put together a seasonal menu.
- The W has a new whiskey bar called the Root Cellar.
Other Things You Want to Know
- China Chilcano opened in Penn Quarter and we were there to take pictures.
- The Ritz-Carlton is serving hot chocolates from around the world to take your mind off of the cold.
- We put together vegetarian tasting menus for every night of the week because vegetarians don’t just eat vegetables.
Upcoming Food Events:
- January 15 – Trummer’s on Main is holding a Hot Cocktail Tasting where you can try all their new hot cocktails for $35.
- January 15 – Dolcezza Gelato Factory is hosting a Feast of Friends with food from chef Spike Gjerde and Tree and Leaf farm.
- January 16 – Bring your Chipotle receipt showing purchase of a burrito, bowl, salad or tacos to ShopHouse at Union Station from 4 to 10 p.m. for a FREE bowl.
- January 16 and 17 – Fado Irish Pub is making just 20 specialty burgers, so be sure to get there early.
- January 30 – Timber Pizza Co. is previewing their future menu in a five-course pop-up at the Dolcezza Gelato factory, paired with beer from DC Brau.
Everything else that’s fit to eat (and drink):
- Bangkok-based Thai restaurant Mango Tree is coming to DC on January 15 for dinner, with lunch and then brunch soon to follow. Stay tuned for our FIRST LOOK.
- Chipotle is giving away free burritos, tacos and salads at all US locations from January 27-February 28 to anyone with a receipt showing a purchase of their organic tofu Sofritas on January 26.
- Even if you can’t afford the $449 Pappy Van Winkle feast, you should still check out The W’s new Root Cellar. Try one of their almost 90 types of whiskey at happy hour, for a much more reasonable prince.
- Founding Farmers is opening a new restaurant in Tysons on February 5 that you can get to on the Silver Line. Stay tuned for our FIRST LOOK.
- Mockingbird Hill scaled back their coffee program to weekends only, when Washingtonians are just slightly less stressed and rushed than they are during the week.
- Graffiato chef de cuisine Jose Adorno will conduct a demo at G by Mike Isabella on February 9 and 10. Sample authentic Puerto Rican dishes with complementary wine for $75.