All the D.C. news that’s fit to eat (and drink).
This week in BYT Food:
- The BBQ Market is open at Union Market. We went there, took pictures, and ate.
- Dolci Gelati opened in Shaw and it looks yummy.
- Al Dente has an awesome brunch.
- Pizza Vinoteca has brought custom-made pizzas to Ballston.
- Head to 100 Montaditos to eat 100 montaditos.
It’s the holiday season and we are hear to help you survive your holiday party.
- On a budget? Here is a quick and cheap holiday punch you can make.
- Does affordable, quality champagne exist? We asked some local sommeliers for their input.
- We tell you how to throw a loss-stress party.
- Or you can throw a hot chocolate party.
- A holiday brunch party works too.
Other Useful Stuff
- H Street’s Foie La La competition is going on until the 25th and it’s beautiful.
- And we have a handy vegetarian ramen guide because vegetarians eat ramen too.
Upcoming Food Events:
- December 17-24 – Mike Isabella is making a Feast of the Seven Fishes for you at G for $65 per person.
- December 18 – 22 – In honor of the recent news about Cuba, Cuba Libre will be selling $5 Cuba Libre cocktails to represent the five decades of US-Cuban political tension.
- December 19-24 – Seafood allergy? Strict carnivore? Del Campo is offering a Feast of the Seven Beasts for $78 per person.
- December 22 and 23 – Trummer’s on Main is celebrating the days before Christmas with their own version of Turducken (which, for those who don’t know is turkey, chicken and duck) and a Croquembouche (French cream puff pastry) for dessert.
- December 22-27- Soi 38 is offering complimentary Look Choup (a traditional Thai sweet) to all dinner guests for the week.
- Until December 30 – Vinoteca is giving away a mystery gift card to everyone who eats brunch or dinner there until the end of the month because they love you. The only catch is you can’t open it until January, when you have to come back and hand your unopened envelope to your server who will then tell you what you got (which could be anything from a $100 gift card to an all-night happy hour).
- Wednesday, December 24 – BLT Steak will be open on Christmas Eve with a special holiday menu.
- Thursday, December 25 –Still burnt out from all that Thanksgiving cooking and can’t bear to do it again for Christmas? Calm down, because Pinea will be open for Christmas with some rad Christmas specials including “Feast of the Seven Fishes” and “Duck, Duck, Goose.”
- Wednesday, December 31 – Our New Year’s Eve Guide has all the food events you need to eat the night away.
Everything else that’s fit to eat (and drink):
- After January 5th Graffiato will no long host industry nights. Instead they will host art and food pairing dinners with the first one being a tribute to Notorious B.I.G.
- One Eight Distilling opens on January 10th. The will host a preview event on January 8th.
- Thrillist has found 12 surprising places you can get vegetarian food.
- Peet’s Coffee will soon be all over D.C.
- The Heights is going to change owners at the start of 2015. Ammar Daoud will take over from EatWell DC.
- You can make $25 standing in line at Rose’s Luxury.
- José Andres will be opening the signature restaurant of the Donald Trump renovated Old Post Office.
- Puddin’ has popped-up at Union Market. Head there on the weekends to eat southern comfort food.