All the D.C. news that’s fit to eat (and drink).
This week in BYT Food:
- We tasted Table’s Meatless Monday menu, proving that sometimes it’s all about the vegetarian options.
- We tried a bunch of delicious drinks at Macon in Chevy Chase, including duck fat infused cocktails!
Upcoming Food Events:
Through December – Cordial Fine Wines is holding their Cordial Scotch Series at Union Market. Register here.
- Friday, December 5th – The Heights is celebrating Repeal Day with Prohibition-era cocktails and food pairings all weekend. All cocktails are $10, and all food pairings are under $10.
- Saturday, December 6th – The D.C. Repeal Day Ball will sell-out in advance for good reason. Some of the best bartenders in the country will serve cocktails at the Carnegie Library for three-and-a-half hours.
- Monday, December 8th – Nourishing Our Communities! The annual fundraising event for Healthy Living, Inc. is an absolute must attend! Healthy Living is a nonprofit organization dedicated to teaching people of all economic backgrounds how to plan and prepare healthy meals, in a nurturing, safe environment. Everyone is welcome!
- Wednesday, December 10th – Roofer’s Union is hosting a “Tacky Sweater Party” in collaboration with local breweries. Don we now our gay apparel, and head to Adams Morgan to try the 15 local beers on draft. Prizes will be awarded for best costumes.
- Friday, December 12th – Second State is celebrating the 227-year anniversary of Pennsylvania becoming the second state to ratify the Constitution. Guests who visit for lunch or dinner will receive a complementary glass of champagne with their meal.
- Friday, December 12th – Vinifera Wine Bar & Bistro and The Wine Cabinet are holding their last wine dinner of 2014. Dine on a five-course meal while sipping hand-selected Pahlmeyer wines.
- Saturday, December 13th – Black’s Bar and Kitchen is holding a truffle-making class from 11 am to 1 pm. Learn to make truffles while also enjoying a two course meal from their pre-fixe lunch menu.
- Monday, December 15th – The 2nd annual Foie La La competition returns to H Street NE. Nine restaurants along the corridor will be featuring a special dish foie gras dish, and diners can vote for their favorite online.
- Wednesday, December 24th – Fiola, Fiola Mare, and Casa Luca are all featuring Christmas Eve Tasting menus with 7, 5, and 4 courses, respectively. For more information and to make reservations, check out their websites.
Everything else that’s fit to eat (and drink):
- Chez Billy Sud in Georgetown is now serving brunch on both Saturdays and Sundays from 11 am to 2 pm. Menu items include apple bacon bread pudding and other wintery dishes.
- Amsterdam Falafel and 100 Mondaditos are opening new locations around the city. (Eater DC)
- Rise Bakery in Adams Morgan is now open, complete with gluten-free offerings. (DCist)
- Bibiana is offering 25 holiday cocktails this year. This should keep you busy for the rest of the month. (Eater DC)