All the DC news that’s fit to eat (and drink).
This week in BYT Food:
- There are still spooky food events and non-spooky fun food events in our Halloween Guide!
- We tried the taqueria tacos at the Oyamel Day of the Dead party. It was a blast. The party is over. The tacos are not.
- We tried the new fall cocktail menu at Bar Dupont. That orange colored drink is doing to be a hit.
- We tried the fall cocktails and brunch menu at Ping Pong Dim Sum and we were not disappointed.
Upcoming Food Events:
- October 20-November 2: Oyamel is celebrating Day of the Dead through November 2 with a special menu inspired by famous luchador wrestler, actor and icon Rodolfo Guzman Huerta.
- October 31: Chipotle brings back the BOOrito. Come in from 5:00 p.m. until close, dressed in costume to receive any burrito, bowl, salad, or order of tacos for only $3. Proceeds, up to $1,000,000, will benefit the Chipotle Cultivate Foundation, a non-profit organization committed to creating a more sustainable food supply.
- October 31: Halloween Boo Cruise! $45 – If you prefer your Halloween spent drinking and dancing and eating hors d’oeuvres on a boat, that’s how you know you’re an adult. Celebrate adulthood on a Spirit cruise.
- November 1: City Blossoms will be celebrating the little-known Fish Pepper at DACHA Beer Garden through hot sauce.
- November 1: OurCity is sponsoring the K Street Farm Festival featuring culinary demonstrations, herb garden tours and a pig roast.
- Until November: Paul has special Halloween treats. There are a bunch of special breads and pastries at Paul from the middle of October to November, so go check that out. If you show up in costume on Halloween they’ll give you a treat.
- All October: Mike Isabella’s guest chef series returns to G. For its October special, G is opening its doors to New York chef Carla Hall. The Buffalo Chicken Burger is inspired by a recipe for Buffalo wings she picked up from a friend while modeling in Paris. The white meat burgers are dressed with a spicy mayo and topped with a celery and blue cheese slaw. They are available throughout the month for $12.
- Select Dates Through October and November: Mike Isabella is also offering a pop-up preview of Pepita, his new Mexican cantina in Ballston, at the G on certain dates throughout the end of October and beginning of November. Tickets are $40 and include a four course meal and cocktails.
Everything else that’s fit to eat (and drink):
- Menu MBK Closed closed over the weekend. (Eater DC)
- Toki Underground’s Erik Bruner-Yang is making some dope asian-inspired tacos for Taco Bamba (Eater DC)
- Want some comfort food and want to know where to get it? Zagat hooked you up. (Zagat)
- Drake was at the Z-Burger in New Columbia Heights last Saturday. A little bit salty that I missed out on this. (Young and Hungry)
- Booze healthy with vegetable based cocktails? (DCist)