All the DC news that’s fit to eat (and drink).
This week in BYT Food:
- ~Spooooky~ food events and more in our Halloween Guide out this week!
- Great food and a show. Takoma Park isn’t too far away, so check out Jeff Black’s Republic.
- Eat in DC without breaking the bank, with help from our DC Cheap Eats Guide.
- Rain did not deter hoards of hungry Washingtonians at Taste of DC.
- Tons of new restaurant openings to try:
- Pinea at the W Hotel.
- Mama Rouge at the Georgetown Waterfront.
- Second State‘s second location in Dupont.
- Chez Billy Sud in Georgetown.
- Cuba Libre has a new chef as well as new menu items for the colder months
- Celebrating Day of the Dead? Oyamel is.
Upcoming Food Events:
- October 20-November 2: Oyamel is celebrating Day of the Dead from October 20- November 2 with a special menu inspired by famous luchador wrestler, actor and icon Rodolfo Guzman Huerta.
- October 22: 14th Annual Wines Felines and Canines benefitting the Montgomery County Humane Society. This event will take place at Maggiano’s Little Italy and will feature 75+ Wines. $75 a ticket.
- October 24th: Guests dining at STK DC will be invited to a complimentary glass of Moet & Chandon for Global Champagne Day! At 10:24, guests will raise their glasses and join in an international toast around the world!
- October 26th: STK DC will be hosting a Monster’s Ball Halloween themed Brunch! Complete with an Instagram costume contest where brunch guests can instagram a photo of themselves at STK decked out in their costumes. All guests are encouraged to tag @EATSTK and use the hashtag #STKMonstersBall. All photos will be reviewed and a winner will be announced the following week. The winter will get dinner for 2 at STK and 2 VIP tickets to party at the Huxley after. Reservations for brunch can be made from 11:30am – 6pm.
- October 30: Chipotle brings back the BOOrito. Come in from 5:00 p.m. until close, dressed in costume to receive any burrito, bowl, salad, or order of tacos for only $3. Proceeds, up to $1,000,000, will benefit the Chipotle Cultivate Foundation, a non-profit organization committed to creating a more sustainable food supply.
- All October: Mike Isabella’s guest chef series returns to G. For its October special, G is opening its doors to New York chef Carla Hall. The Buffalo Chicken Burger is inspired by a recipe for Buffalo wings she picked up from a friend while modeling in Paris. The white meat burgers are dressed with a spicy mayo and topped with a celery and blue cheese slaw. They are available throughout the month for $12.
- Select Dates Through October and November: Mike Isabella is also offering a pop-up preview of Pepita, his new Mexican cantina in Ballston, at the G on certain dates throughout the end of October and beginning of November. Tickets are $40 and include a four course meal and cocktails.
Everything else that’s fit to eat (and drink):
- Vapiano’s Bethesda Row location closed. (Eater DC)
- Were you wondering where to get fried chicken and doughnuts in the same sandwich? Wonder no more: Astro Food Truck is now operating within the District. (Eater DC)
- Whole Foods is trying to change the way people buy fruits and vegetables. (WashPost)
- DC restaurants are among the highest grossing. (DCist)
- Learn how to eat chili like a champ. (DCist)