All the DC news that’s fit to eat (and drink).
This week in BYT Food:
- Duke’s Grocery has the cheesiest grilled cheese ever.
- Mustard (the most under appreciated condiment) needs love, too. Or beer. Here, we give it both.
- Sample the fall fare at not only Ardeo, but Bardeo as well.
- Fall for figs at Ripple in Cleveland Park.
Upcoming Food Events:
- Every Day: Legal Seafoods Oyster Festival! Everything oysters and happy hour specials through October 14th. There are more specials during their happy hour, 4-7 Monday-Friday.
- October 6-19: The 12th Annual Paella Festival at José Andrés’ Jaleo is here! We previewed these incredible dishes with Executive Chef Ramón Martínez. Read about our experience here.
- October 11: Taste of Bethesda will take over Woodmont Triangle with over 50 restaurants represented as well as live performances throughout the day. Admission is free and lines are short because of their ticketing system. $5 will buy you 4 tickets, with samples ranging from 1-4 tickets.
- October 11-October 12: If Bethesda is out of your travel range, Taste of DC will span across Pennsylvania Ave. with even more restaurants represented, live performances and drinks. Heads up: admission is $10.
- October 20: Oyamel is celebrating Day of the Dead from October 20- November 2 with a special menu inspired by famous luchador wrestler, actor and icon Rodolfo Guzman Huerta.
- All October: Mike Isabella’s guest chef series returns to G. For its October special, G is opening its doors to New York chef Carla Hall. The Buffalo Chicken Burger is inspired by a recipe for Buffalo wings she picked up from a friend while modeling in Paris. The white meat burgers are dressed with a spicy mayo and topped with a celery and blue cheese slaw. They are available throughout the month for $12.
- Select Dates Through October and November: Mike Isabella is also offering a pop-up preview of Pepita, his new Mexican cantina in Ballston, at the G on certain dates throughout the end of October and beginning of November. Tickets are $40 and include a four course meal and cocktails.
Everything else that’s fit to eat (and drink):
- Restaurants like Fainting Goat, Vinoteca, Trummer’s on Main, Jack Rose Dining Saloon and BLT Steak have taken after Starbucks and put pumpkin-inspired creations on their menus.
- Monroe Street Market in Brookland is getting a new quick-serve healthy restaurant called Hälsa.
- From now until November 20th, Friendship Hospital for Animals is participating in the Slice of Life Program from local nonprofit Food & Friends, which delivers meals to patients battling life-threatening illnesses.