All the DC news that’s fit to eat (and drink).
Have tips? Send them to [email protected].
Happy lunchtime, DC! It’s national macadamia nut day, 9th street is becoming a strong contender for coolest dining neighborhood in the district, and there are a lot of last minute summer wine events this weekend to keep you busy. Dig in!
This week in BYT Food:
- Your Happy Hour Hotline is here to save you from the same old cheap drinking options.
- We took a first look at Baby Wale, a hipper addition to 9th street. Does this mean 9th street has the potential to be the new 14th street?
- We’ve got a couple more weeks to enjoy patio weather, so be sure to take advantage of our always useful outdoor drinking guide while there’s still time!
- And if it’s still patio season, that means it’s still frozen drink season too, right?
- We’re gearing up to release some essential Fall & Winter Guides for you– what do you want us to cover? Let us know!
Upcoming Food Events:
- Tonight, Ripple hosts a Farm Dinner Benefiting the American Cancer Society, coinciding with Fit For Hope. There are still a handful of tickets left.
- Beginning tomorrow, La Tasca hosts a series of Paella making classes & dinners throughout the month of September.
- On Friday, Truckeroo returns to the Half Street Fairgrounds to help you kick off the weekend.
- Also on friday, the Charity in Chocolate Fashion Show, hosted by the Heart of America Foundation, uses edible fashion to promote childhood literacy.
- Wine in the Waterpark adds another Friday night option, for every Friday this month, in Crystal City.
- Gilt City’s DC Beer Fest takes over Nationals Park this weekend.
- Also this weekend: Annapolis celebrates the 46th Annual Maryland Seafood Festival.
- Also also this weekend: The Great Grapes of Virginia Wine Festival.
- On Saturday, Del Campo’s Chef Victor Albisu holds an asado grill class, with a very limited amount of tickets remaining.
- Sunday is Adams Morgan Day, and we can guarantee some great food from your favorite neighborhood spots.
- Silver Spring staple Jackie’s hosts a Block Party BBQ this Sunday to round out the weekend.
- Get hands on with vegan baking at Sticky Fingers’ cookie sandwich class on Monday.
- On Thursday September 12, Black Jack will host a viewing party of a new episode of Chuck’s Eat The Street that features Busboys and Poets, the Pig, Estadio, and Pearl Dive.
- Looking ahead to the 24th, the Daily Dish hosts a Flying Dog dinner with rare, limited and seasonal brews.
Everything else that’s fit to eat (and drink):
- Proving that fast food is better everywhere else on earth, KFC Japan will start offering deep fried soup.
- Every Wednesday in September, Shake Shack will be scooping up red velvet custard with homemade red velvet cake with the help of CakeLove.
- There are rules for drinking and tasting water. Seriously. Start learning then now.
- José Andrés dishes on his favorite restaurants in the district.
- RedRocks pizzeria (and their menu goes far beyond just pizza) opens a new H Street location tonight.
- Have you found the secret bar on 14th under Doi Moi yet?