ALL THE DC NEWS THAT IS FIT TO EAT (and drink).
Have tips? Send them to [email protected]
It’s almost Memorial Day Weekend! We’ve got brewery concerts, crab feasts, Bond dinners, cupcakes for a cause, drinks on drinks, and of course, FOOD PORN AHOY.
THIS WEEK IN BYT FOOD:
- We’ve got your PRO DRINKING TIPS right here with our RAMMY NOMINATED BEST BARS PROGRAM.
- We took a first look at Piola, 14th Street’s latest addition. Oh, did we mention they’re serving over 50 varieties of pizza?
- Vendetta is replacing Red Palace. We took a first look, and it’s gorgeous.
- We went to Zoofari and stuffed our faces while surrounded by wildlife.
- We took a first look/taste test in Arlington at Darna, a gorgeous Lebanese spot and hookah bar with a remarkable bar.
- We went to Soundbites 2013. We came, we saw, we ate, we took a break, and we ate some more.
- The Wydown Coffee Bar is U Street’s latest pop-up, so we visited for a first look.
- Table got a lovely new patio, so we visited (and of course added it to our 2013 OUTDOOR DRINKING GUIDE)
- DC Lamb Jam 2013 was Monday. Congrats to Chef Marjorie Meek-Bradley of Ripple for winning Best in Show! It was a delicious affair, and we have the food porn to prove it.
UPCOMING FOOD EVENTS:
- From 5/20 to 6/20, RAMMY-nominated cocktails will be served up at their respective locations- Birch & Barley/Churchkey, Bourbon Steak, EatGoodFood Group (TNT Bar), Rasika, and Room 11. Anyone who buys one will be entered to win two tickets to the RAMMYs Gala on 6/23.
- Tonight, Cashion’s hosts their first monthly Summer Chill Out Patio Party.
- Tomorrow night, The Jefferson hosts a five-course James Bond inspired dinner.
- Flying Dog Brewery is hosting a great concert with Of Montreal and Baltimore’s own Us and Us Only, and of course, great beer.
- Also this Saturday is Brew At The Zoo, unlimited beer and wine at the Maryland Zoo in Baltimore.
- Astro Doughnuts & Fried Chicken will begin weekend hours of operation starting this Saturday, 5/25, and will mark the beginning of summer with a special Strawberry Shortcake Doughnut.
- On Sunday, Bohemian Caverns is hosting their first ever Jazz Brunch. Email [email protected] for reservations.
- Policy is hosting a Crab Festival on Sunday with all-you-can-eat Maryland crabs and beer specials.
- Staying in for Memorial Day? Head to the Caucus Room in Georgetown for Springtoberfest, featuring craft beers and an impressive menu.
- Pilates on the Patio returns to Poste June 1, and will continue every Saturday through June 22.
- Taylor Gourmet is bringing Steak and Ice to its locations for one week only: 5/28 at Penn Quarter, 5/29 at DuPont, 5/30 at 14th Street, and 5/31 at City Vista.
AND THEN THERE’S EVERYTHING ELSE:
- Sprinkles Cupcakes has introduced a Red Cross Red Velvet cupcake, and 100% of its sales will support Oklahoma tornado relief efforts.
- Pearl Dive is now offering fried chicken dinners to go. Yes, dreams do come true.
- A new Which Wich opened in Ballston this week- go get your snack on.
- Wind down this Memorial day with the perfect Gin cocktail.
- Taylor Gourmet is lookin’ pretty close to opening their new Pennsylvania Ave location.
- Rumor has it Hill Country BBQ might bring a pop-up to the Capitol riverfront.
- Don’t forget to check out Tom Sietsema’s Spring Dining Guide By The Numbers.