ALL THE DC NEWS THAT IS FIT TO EAT (and drink).
Have tips? Send them to [email protected]
It’s National Chocolate Chip Day, and it’s American Craft Beer Week. We’ve got a hefty list of food events for you, so COME AND GET IT.
THIS WEEK IN BYT FOOD:
- Did you go to Sweetlife this weekend? Relive all your favorite food porn moments with our EPIC RECAP full of drool-worthy photos.
- We’re giving you tickets (and a discount code) to Bite of DC this Saturday!
- We’re also giving you tickets to SOUNDBITES, THIS SUNDAY because we want you to have nice things.
- We taste tested some fantastic shakes at Shake Shack. This month, donate $2 to No Kid Hungry, and receive a credit of $5 for one of their amazing signature shakes.
- We found out that Bluth’s Banana Stand is skipping DC, but we’re okay with it– we’ve got frozen banana recipes of our own.
- Take a look at our gorgeous photos of Ghibellina, now open on 14th street. (photo: Jeff Martin)
- On Keep on Truckin’, we paid a visit to SUNdeVICH, and encourage you to do your part to save DC food trucks.
- Feeling adventurous? Here are our top five ways to cook cicadas.
- For American Craft Beer Week, we’ve equipped you with our handy guide for a wonderfully boozy weekend in DC.
- We took a first look/taste teste at Chupacabra’s new brick-and-mortar digs.
UPCOMING FOOD EVENTS:
- Tomorrow, Jaleo celebrates 20 delicious years with the Garcia Family Wine Dinner.
- Thursday is definitely a wine day- Chez Billy also plays host to a Spring Wine Dinner.
- Feeling a little more adventurous? Zoofari is tomorrow night!
- May 17-19: Legal Sea Foods hosts a Louisiana-Style Crawfish Boil, and you can sign up now.
- Truckeroo hits the Half Street Fairgrounds once again this Friday!
- Wine in the Woods has returned to Columbia’s Symphony Woods, Saturday and Sunday.
- Spend your Saturday at the annual Silver Spring Strawberry Festival.
- Or, head over to Pearl Dive as they host their second crawfish boil of the season.
- Spend the day with a lovely trip to the Doukenie Winery for their annual Greek Festival.
- Don’t feel like driving? Saint Sophia Greek Orthodox Cathedral hosts their own Greek Festival in the city.
- The Butcher’s Block in Old Town will host a “Grilling Reds and Summer Beer” tasting this Saturday 5/18, and a Memorial Day Grilling Demo with their sister restaurant BRABO. Get more info here.
- The American Lamb Board returns with Lamb Jam DC at Eastern Market this Monday.
- And of course, Sunday means SOUNDBITES FESTIVAL at 9:30 Club. Don’t sleep on those tickets!
- The American Institute of Wine and Food (AIFW) hosts their 8th Annual Crab Cake Competition this June, and tickets are on sale now.
- Don’t forget to grab your 2013 RAMMYs tickets!
- Vinoteca invites you to join them for ‘Dogs and ‘Tails: house made hot dogs and cocktails to benefit DC-based City Dogs Rescue from June 2-9. The DC Bocce League is also pitching in, and you can sign up for the tournament/grill-out here.
AND THEN THERE’S EVERYTHING ELSE:
- Here are the top spots to celebrate American Craft Beer Week in DC.
- Required reading: Here’s an interactive map of every rooftop bar in the District.
- Astro Doughnuts & Fried Chicken is the latest stop in the eight installment of A Dozen Weeks of Donuts.
- Hugh & Crye roll out a new fashion and booze blog project.
- Estadio’s beer guru reveals 3 easy make at home drinks in the spirit of the restaurant.
- Another fantastic list– the best Mexican restaurants to help you tackle those cravings.
- We’ve come clean about our guilty pleasures: Here are the dishes DC deems are worth the calories.
- Beginning tomorrow, Sixth Engine brings back their authentic MacRib sandwich for the summer. (photo: Stephanie Breijo)
till next time!!!