Welcome to your daily Hit List featuring the shows, events, gatherings, and so on that will keep your social life slightly above average.
- Beth Ditto takes over U Hall for what is sure to be a very danceable show.
- The MLK Jr. Library might be closed, but the D.C. Punk Archive shows live on. Catch Cigarette, Sir E.U. and Rob Stokes at the Woodridge Neighborhood Library. If you’re going to do anything tonight, do this.
- Want to learn more about gentrification’s affect on local arts? Head over to the GW & Textile Museum for a free panel discussion with D.C. artists.
- The Meer, Glen Echo and Rail City are playing DC9 if you want a side of music with your beer.
- Would you rather hang out in a cold dark room? Princess Mononoke is screening at the never ending Angelika Pop-Up.
- Brave enough to face the heat? Check out the screening of Sense & Sensibility at the Dumbarton House.
- Or, if you’d like to get rowdy, head to The Summer Camp Show at the Wonderland Ballroom.
- There’s also Yoga Mortis at the Congressional Cemetery and I can’t imagine anything that’s more on brand for our horror movie loving and murder mystery obsessed website.
If none of these options float your boat, check out our AGENDA for more ideas (side note: promoters/venues: posting events in the AGENDA is free and open to all-so please use it.)