Welcome to your daily Hit List featuring the shows, events, gatherings, and so on that will keep your social life slightly above average!
- We’ll be at the Embassy Chef Challenge at the Ronald Reagan Building.
- The show of the night is Bon Iver at Merriweather. Some on staff think it’s the best show at Merriweather in 2017. I say Gorillaz will be best because cartoons > humans.
- Mac DeMarco plays a sold-out 9:30 Club for a second night.
- Drunk Education with Osita Nwanevu, Emma Roller and more at Black Cat has us intrigued. All of the learning from Ted Talks without any of the bullshit pretentiousness of Ted Talks!
- Comet Ping Pong has a good bill: RVIVR, The Max Levine Ensemble, Hemlines, Anti-Androgen.
- DC9 also has a good bill: Br’er, Odetta Hartman, Nappy Nappa.
- Tool does Tool things at Eagle Bank Arena.
- Suns Cinema hosts a night of Soviet space films. We like space!
- In related programming, Library of Congress hosts the talk, “JFK and Hope: Nurturing ‘This Collaboration between Government and the Arts’,” by Alan Gevinson, curator of the “Hope for America: Performers, Politics and Pop Culture” exhibition.
If none of these options float your boat, check out our AGENDA for more ideas (side note: promoters/venues: posting events in the AGENDA is free and open to all-so please use it.)