Rag’N’Bone Man headlines 9:30 Club.
Dan Zak speaks with Denise Kiernan about his new book, Almighty, at Kramerbooks.
There’s a solar eclipse this month. Learn about the stars at DC9’s Astronomy on Tap.
It’s hot outside but it’s not too hot for an outdoor movie. The Georgetown Sunset Cinema continues with Erin Brockovich.
National Museum of American History has on a colloquium about the evolution of camping equipment. I don’t own a tent.
- For those of us who jaywalk (no regrets) here’s an oldie, but a goodie. An in depth look into how a fierce campaign by the automotive industry made jaywalking a crime.
- If you’d rather read something a little more titillating, The Guardian goes over this history of Tom of Finland’s art and how it heavily influenced gay style.
- You can now buy 40 Ounce Rosé in D.C. Why has god forsaken us?
- The Arboretum hosted a tree climbing competition last week. It turns out, your favorite childhood activity is a real thing adults do.
- Discovery is buying Scripps Networks Interactive. Don’t know what that is? Me neither, but apparently they own the Food Network, HGTV, the Travel Channel, and the Cooking Channel. I hope this means we’ll be able to see Guy Fieri race a shark.