Naturally, in a city as filled with nerds and geeks (and we use this term with all the love in our hearts) as DC is, the trivia scene is live and kicking. So, without further adieu, we present to you: a handy day-by-day guide to where to get your trivia on in the district, any and every day of the week. Bonus: if a happy hour situation is involved, IT IS INCLUDED in the listing.
- Wonderland Ballroom –7:30pm, Trivia starts at 7:30pm and lasts until 11:00pm
- Tonic – 8:30pm, Teams compete to win a $50 Tonic gift card! Enjoy $3 Hightlife’s, $4 tots, $6.95 beer cheese nachos, $7.95 big dippers, $.64 cent wings.
- Flanagan’s Harp and Fiddle – 8:00pm, Trivia is free to play and three different prizes are awarded each night!
- Chief Ike’s Mambo Room – 8:00pm
- Fado Irish Pub – 8:00pm, Come down every Monday night for great trivia and prizes!
- The Mighty Pint – 7:00pm, Enjoy $10 beer buckets 8pm-close and $2 beers with the purchase of five.
- The Ugly Mug – 8:00pm, 20 rounds of trivia and the winner of each round wins a prize. Enjoy half price pizzas, $12 domestic draft pitchers during trivia.
- McGinty’s Public House – 7:00pm, Trivia is free to play and their are lots of prizes and giveaways, as well as Sam Adams specials.
- James Hoban’s – The pub quiz and happy hour start at 3pm and lasts until the bar closes at 2am.
- Looking Glass Lounge – 8:00pm, Winners receive $60 off their bar tab and the best team name gets $15 off their tab.
- Biergarten Haus – 8:00pm, Extended happy hour! Enjoy $5 Franziskaner Hefe-Weizen, Paulaner Pils, Becks Maibock, and house wines, as well as, $5 loaded fries, hamburger sliders, garden currywurst.
- Public House No – 8:00pm, Trivia King’s InQuizitive! electronically archives your teams scores, not only for that night, but for the entire trivia season.
- Trusty’s- 8:00pm, Trivia King’s InQuizitive! electronically archives your teams scores, not only for that night, but for the entire trivia season.
- Samuel Beckett’s – 7:30pm, Enjoy food and drink specials while winning prizes.
- Old Dominion Brewhouse – 7:30pm, Trivia King’s InQuizitive! electronically archives your teams scores, not only for that night, but for the entire trivia season.
- The Queen Vic – 7:00pm, Every week the entire second floor is reserved for the pub quiz, hosted by British Inks Paul Roe. The quiz lasts three months and the cumulative scores are posted on facebook. Weekly prizes are Queen Vic gift cards, but as soon as a team reaches 50 points they can start winning special loyalty prizes. First place loyalty prize is two round trip tickets to London, second place is a BeerTender with three kegs, third place is a Newcastle swag bag. Enjoy $4.55 Newcastle Brown and Newcastle Seasonal during the quiz.
- The Front Page – 8:00pm, Trivia is free to play and lasts between one and two hours. First place wins $50 gift card, second place wins $25 gift card, and third place wins $10 gift card.
- The Tombs, Enjoy $8 pitchers of Coors Light from 10pm until the bar closes.
- Irish Channel Pub – 7:00pm, Trivia lasts until 9:00pm
- Murphy’s of DC – 8:00pm, Trivia is free to play and is hosted by TriviaTryst. First place wins $40!
- The Pour House – 7:30pm
- Ventnor Sports Cafe – 8:00pm, Enjoy half price burgers will you play!
- Nanny O’Briens- 8:00pm, Trivia starts at 8pm, but come early for $4 rail cocktails and $1 off all draft beers.
- Laughing Man Tavern – Enjoy Batch 19 $4.50 drafts, $18 growlers, and $4.50 Blue Moon seasonal drafts
- Stetson’s – 7:00pm, Trivia is hosted by Mehrun a 5x Jeopardy winner. Enjoy Bud Light Pitcher Specials for $9.50 during trivia. First place receives $50.00 off their bar tab and second place receives $25.00 off their bar tab.
- Murphy’s of Alexandria – 8:15pm, Trivia is free to play and is hosted by TriviaTryst. Come early for half price burgers.
- Acre 121 – 7:30pm, Between rounds turn the wheel to win drink specials! Top three teams receive special prizes!
- Jimmy’s Old Town Tavern – 7:00pm-10:00pm, Come joint Jimmy’s eclectic hosts for “three sheets of fun” trivia! Stay for JOTTeopardy at 9:00pm and DJ EQ at 2:00am.
- Penn Social – 7:00pm, District Trivia is a DC wide league. Enjoy $4 Blue Paddle Pils during trivia and first place gets $25 gift cards.
- Argonaut – 8:00pm, Adorable named “Booze Clues”, the trivia categories and questions at Argonaut are all created by their silly trivia hosts. Prizes are bottle of wine for having the best team name, choosing next weeks category for the losers, a $25 gift card for second, and a $50 gift card if you come in first.
- Stoney’s – 8:00pm, Show up early for happy hour from 5-7pm. There are 5 rounds and a half time competition for some free drinks! First place wins a gift certificate $50 to Stoney’s, second place wins a $25 gift, and third place wins a bottle of wine.
- Smart Ass Trivia Night at Nellie’s
- Wisdom- 8:00pm, The winning team will receive a surprise prize! Like a free bar tab or bottle booze.
- The Pinch – 8:00pm, Trivia is eight rounds of eight questions starting exactly at eight o’clock. First and second place both receive free bar tabs on their next visit, best team name gets a free round of shots, and the losers get to pick the category for next week’s trivia.
- District 2 Bar & Grille – 8:00pm, Trivia here is six rounds. First place wins $25 DRG gift cards and the bonus round winners win $15 DRG gift cards. Even more prizes will be determined during the game.
- The Getaway – 8:00pm, Trivia is every Wednesday from 8pm to 10pm.
- Clarendon Grill – 8:00pm, Trivia King’s InQuizitive! electronically archives your teams scores, not only for that night, but for the entire trivia season.
- JR’s Bar & Grill – 8:00pm, Trivia with MC Jay Ray
- Solly’s U Street Tavern – 8:30pm, Trivia is every first and third Wednesday of the month. Each week has different parties and benefits a different charity.
- Ireland’s Four Fields – 9:00pm, Teams have 90 minutes to fill out an long question quiz sheet. Owner, Frank Hughes, announces the answers and the three winning teams. Prizes are cash, free drinks, and movie tickets to AMC Mazza Gallerie.
- Tommy Joe’s, 7:30pm
- JJ Muldoon’s, 7:30pm
- Whitlow’s on Wilson – 8:00pm, First place receives a surprise prize!
Did we miss any? Leave your additions in the comments (and also if you recommend any of these in particular) – we’ll keep the list updated and live