J. Cole takes over the Verizon Center for his 4 Your Eyez Only tour. Tickets are (surprisingly?) not sold out.
If you like local music and libraries and good times, swing by Songbyrd for the Rock The Stacks vinyl release party!
Suns Cinema gets weirder than usual with a series of avant garde screenings featuring rural areas. Roll in, drink beer and leave at your leisure.
Or you could make your way over to Comet Ping Pong to catch Wing Dam, BRNDA and Bleary Eyed. We like BRNDA.
If the weather holds out, you might want to swing by Georgetown to catch a free outdoor screening of The Devil Wears Prada.
- If you read anything today, read The Guardian’s “How American Lost Its Mind”
- Tom Sietsema went undercover as a dishwasher and wrote a very lovely piece about it.
- Have you ever looked at the rent prices at City Center and thought, who the hell lives here? Well. Now we know.
- A solar eclipse is coming and people are getting weird / excited about it, but here is everything you need to know to make the most of it.
- Take a look at the Zoo’s brand new kiwi chick. She is very small and furry and cute and I want to raise her as my own, I think?