Sid & Nancy screens at Suns Cinema. Courtney Love is in this. She wanted to play Nancy. We’re not going to include a snarky comment about Courtney Love because she is great and killed no one.
Tim & Eric do Tim & Eric things at Lincoln Theatre. It’s their 10 Year Anniversary Awesome Tour.
Woolly Mammoth’s most successful show of 2016, An Octoroon, returns for a three week run.
We recommend Count Vaseline, Rodney ‘Pie Man’ Henry, and Western Star take over the Black Cat. We don’t know Pie Man but we hope to make his acquaintance.
The Who (technically 2/4 of The Who but whatever) play MGM National Harbor. CSI.
- Police seized six times more illegal fireworks than last July. None were seized in Georgetown, because they don’t know how to party.
- GW is flush with caaaaaaaaash.
- Get ready for an extreme heat wave! And by get ready I mean never leave your house again.
- Self driving cars are coming to a Virginia highway near you. If any state needs them, it’s definitely VA.
- City Paper takes the Post to task for failing to adequately acknowledge Jeff Bezos’ ties to Uber.
- WMATA’s tap in, tap out policy is one of the best decisions they’ve ever made.
- D.C. gets bougier by the day.
- A free bike clinic has popped up in Anacostia.
- Does anyone else feel a little bad for the drowned security robot?
- One of the coolest art exhibits in the area is hidden away at The Mansion at Strathmore.
- Google Glass is dead. Long live Google Glass.