Celebrate STAX Records 60th anniversary at Songbyrd with a sweet little happy hour party.
Hothead, Nonzoo, Radiator Greys and Mount Raineir are all at the Black Cat.
Mark Bowden is in conversation with Bob Woodward about his book Hue 1968 at Politics & Prose.
Dreamer and Son, Acadia, Elizabeth II and Kid Brother are taking over DC9.
Spend your rainy night watching Harlan County USA at Suns Cinema.
Join the Bike Club at Glen’s Garden Market for a fun ride through Rock Creek Park, plus beer and pizza.
- The president of the Newseum has stepped down after the announcement that the museum’s board was going to do a thorough review. Also, they might put the building up for sale.
- Spend the rest of your day reading about the history of the tater tot. It’s too gross outside to get any real work done.
- Jared and Ivanka hate it here.
- There’s an insane Rickey popup happening at Reliable Tavern where they will have 60 versions of D.C.’s signature cocktail.
- American University has expelled eighteen students / members of the “infamous” (if you’re an AU student) fraternity Epsilon Iota. I remember those parties like it was yesterday. God they were terrible.