The greatest cartoon band since Josie and the Pussycats headline Merriweather Post Pavilion. Everyone likes Gorillaz because everyone likes cartoon. Have you ever met anyone that dislikes cartoons? It’s fine not to know about modern cartoons or stop watching cartoons after childhood but no one should actively hate cartoons.
It’s easier to start a cartoon band than go to space but we can still dream. Dream with other dreamers at the Innovation Beyond Boundaries Conference.
- See a U.S. premiere in a fancy location. The Embassy of France in the United States and the Carnegie Institution for Science screen L’Odyssée as part of the French-American Climate Talks on Ocean.
Songbyrd has an Ian Curtis themed karaoke night. That’s a fun idea. The title is very, very bad. “Songbyrd Karaoke: What Would Ian Curtis Do Birthday Edition.” Do not do what Ian Curtis would do.
DC DIT produces some of the best local shows. Tonight they present Julian, Dandelion Hunter, and L’ortolan at Dew Drop Inn.
Outdoor movies are great because they’re chances to sit on blankets and kinda talk over movies you’ve already seen. But sometimes it’s too hot or too cold or too many people are getting high or not enough people are getting high. It’s why we’re glad Black Cat has their Muggle Monday series. Watch Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban in the climate controlled Backstage.
- Did you throw / go to a Game of Thrones viewing party and get really incredibly drunk? Take some hangover tips from the pros.
- The R. Kelly story you refuse to believe because you really think “Ignition (Remix)” is good is revived in this BuzzFeed article.
- Washingtonian goes all out with their cheap eats guides.
- Our livers are screwed.
- I truly can’t believe this is still a column.
- Here’s a video of police destroying ATV’s and dirt bikes (just in case this is something you’re into).
- Is Arlington a city or a county?
- Don’t expect to use the red line this weekend… or the next… or the next… or the next…
- More climate change news to freak you the hell out (if you’re not perpetually freaked out already).
- Here’s a round up of non-crowded happy hour spots. I mean, they’re going to be crowded now, but we’re all just going our best here.
- RFD is auctioning off its stuff, if you want to own a little piece of the beer bar forever and ever.