As you maybe remember, we ran this awesome WeWork + BYT giveaway a few weeks a go where we were giving one young, lucky budding DC business the following:
- a dedicated desk at the WeWork Wonder Bread location, with all added member benefits, free for 6-months. AMENITIES!
- a AT WORK WITH feature showcasing what you do and can do on BYT (check out how sweet that can turn out). MARKETING!
- and some useful mentorship support with our judging panel along the way.
and now, a few weeks in, we have our 10 finalists and they will be pitching their ideas in 3 min or under to the judging committee tomorrow at our BIZ PITCH FIESTA (you should come! it will be fun!) and then someone will be declared the winner.
In the meantime-congrats to these great companies/ideas for making it into the finals.
- VACAY – “disjointedness of music services and their music collection is one of the core issues that we’re addressing. For example, someone might have songs saved on Soundcloud, Rdio, Itunes, and Hypem, but because these applications aren’t supported by a single platform it’s become difficult to consume the music that’s been discovered.”
- nomad + settler – “ a carefully curated collection of accessories, clothes, found objects, and home goods aimed at connecting those with a nomadic spirit to other cultures and people through fashion, design, and self expression even when they have already settled into a home in one community.“
- knowledge commons DC – ” a completely volunteer-run floating school, we are dedicated to forging unusual intersections and conversations by providing a platform for free and hospitable knowledge sharing. We partner with existing organizations, individuals, and communities to foster collaborative learning and community exchange.”
- Pop Fashion – adorable podcasts for everyone!
- Tea Time DC – “a community fueled collaborative dedicated to merging and promoting small businesses, culinary endeavors and artistic and musical expression.”
- Re-Nuble – “Sourcing, manufacturing and distributing a superior, consumable hydroponic liquid nutrient consumer product Re-Nuble takes a novel approach to solve this problem. Our manufacturing practices are decentralized, meaning that we source our raw materials and manufacture them at locations closer to the farmers that will buy our products. This enables us to significantly cut down on distribution costs, transfer these savings to our customers, and minimizes our company’s carbon footprint at the same time.”
- TurMS – “changes alumni giving behavior for education institutions by improving the user experience with campaign technologies and data analytics.”
- Gleen – “The best on demand, iPhone powered, happiest and friendliest car wash service on earth. We come to you, wherever you are, in 1 hour or less. We use eco friendly solutions to wash and wax your car to a high gloss while meticulously detailing your interior. We are on demand, a push button away. We are The Uber for Car Washes and we are your next big addiction starting at plans as low as $10.99/wash. Yes, we come to you and wash your whip for as low as $10.99/wash.“
- Millenial Farmers
- Sydcar – “Your small business BFF”
- LINEUP – “DC iconic performance socks”