A mix of news and not news, new stuff and old stuff, here is everything you need to help that lunch break / Metro ride / boring activity go by quicker.
- Reporter Ben Terris asked politicians for their parenting tips and the result is an incredibly wholesome / lovely piece.
- A vegetarian taco join called Fox Loves Tacos is opening in the old Brookland Filter location. Goodbye just coffee, hello tacos and coffee?
- In this oldie (but goodie), Eater pens a love letter to Sizzler. Yes, the chain sizzler.
- Metro bus drivers are (understandably) upset and refuse to work after a Metro bus rider threw urine on a driver. I don’t think I could ever ride in a bus again, nonetheless drive one if someone three pee on me.
- Red Apron Burger Bar is closing and reopening as EatBar in Barracks Row. This is the second Neighborhood Restaurant Group restaurant to close in that location.
- Sospesso is offering childcare for $25 on Wednesdays. The D.C. restaurant scene keeps getting weirder and weirder.
- Warning: This is the most disturbing thing you’ll read all day.
- A local man has spent 48 hours chained to his house. He’s protesting the city because they want to fix his houses foundation, which he thinks would ruin its historical charm.