A mix of news and not news, new stuff and old stuff, here is everything you need to help that lunch break / Metro ride / boring activity go by quicker.
- This is one of the craziest serial killer stories. Oh, and did I mention it takes place in D.C.?
- CityLab takes a look at the prolonged death spiral of the alt-weekly and what it means for readers and writers alike.
- Some hardcore activists are going on a hunger strike in front of the Basilica to convince the church to change their policy on undocumented immigrants.
- Lot’s of people in D.C. don’t have cars, but that doesn’t stop them from shopping at Costco or buying paintings larger than themselves.
- There are a ton of restaurants opening in the Fall, but there are the spots worth your excitement.
- Without the Washington Wizards, the National Portrait Gallery wouldn’t be the same go to museum it is today.
- Ex-FBI Director James Comey is going to host a lecture series at Howard University. He also plans on donating his $100,000 fee to Howard’s scholarship fund.
- According to a former employee, Fiola Mare gives any staff member who recognizes a food critic $500. That’s a serious payout.
- Need something to listen to? Hit up these awesome local podcasts.