A mix of news and not news, new stuff and old stuff, here is everything you need to help that lunch break / Metro ride / boring activity go by quicker.
- People are making enough money to pay for their college tuition by streaming video games on Twitch. I started watching on Twitch account in particular recently, so I kind of get it and I kind of think it’s the wildest thing I’ve ever seen.
- Arena Stage is having a costume sale and if that doesn’t get you amped for Halloween then you are not very good at planning ahead.
- Capitol One isn’t just taking over the old Verizon Center, it’s also opening two cafes in D.C. Yes. A bank is opening two cafes. Like you, I am also very confused.
- The Smithsonian Castle caught on fire a little bit, but don’t worry, everything is okay.
- There’s some anti-semitic graffiti in Georgetown because we can’t have a single day go by without a deeply shitty thing happening.
- For the first time in many years, you’ll be able to visit that giant Mormon temple that kind of looks like the Magic Castle. Get hyped!
- Adam Eidinger, cofounder of DCMJ, is not going to be arrested for passing out joints on 4/20.
- If you like beer, get goddamn pumped because The Bruery is coming to D.C. They’ll be opening up shop near Union Market and I can’t wait to drink Tart of Darkness everyday for the rest of my life.