A mix of news and not news, new stuff and old stuff, here is everything you need to help that lunch break / Metro ride / boring activity go by quicker.
- A right wing conspiracy theorist claimed that a photo of Jeff Gero, owner of the Looking Glass Lounge, is actually Seth Rich, the 27-year-old man who was murdered right before the DNC. What a time to be alive.
- Sinkholes are terrifying. One just opened in a Maryland woman’s front yard. Why has god forsaken us?
- Delaware’s weird and adorable pumpkin flinging event might not continue because of a lack of funding. In these dark and dumb and bad times, we need to do stupid shit like throw pumpkins really far and watch them explode. Everything is bumming me out today.
- Washington Post spends a little time with D.C.’s robust anarchy community.
- It’s county fair season, which means you have every excuse in the world to eat pounds of funnel cake and get on rides that should have been decommissioned years ago! How American.
- Dupont Circle neighbors are fighting over whether the Soviet Safeway should be able to sell beer and wine. I’m all for more booze in more places, but also Safeway is the worst? Let’s replace every Safeway.
- The Fort Dupont concert series kicks off this Saturday with George V. Johnson Jr. Outdoor concerts are D.C.’s best summer tradition.
- Queso is the best possible food you could eat and we would probably eat it everyday if it wouldn’t kills us.