Welcome to your daily Hit List: MARDI GRAS EDITION featuring the shows, events, and crawfish eating contests that will set your social dial to MAX FUN on this, the most Fat of Tuesdays.
And if you’re still not satisfied, there are tons of other events to check out on BYT ALL CITY. (Side note: promoters/venues: posting events on ALL CITY is free and open to all-so please use it.)
- PORTLANDIA IS HERE IN TOWN and they have two shows tonight at 930 Club. Both are sold out, so if you don’t have tickets, crank up the thermostat and pretend you’re having a cozy fireside chat with the cast. We’ve got a BYT interview with both Fred Armisen and Carrie Brownstein right here.
- OTHER LIVES is also sold out at Red Palace, but right down the block at Rock and Roll Hotel is SOULJAZZ ORCHESTRA, the perfect afro-jazz jams to close out your Fat Tuesday. Local funk act The 8 Ohms Band opens.
- Eating for sport is a Southern tradition. PICK YOUR POISON: Rumors is having a hot-wing eating contest tonight and Hot N Juicy wants to see how many crawdads you can handle.
- A full on MARDI GRAS explosion over @ GRILLFISH: featuring NEW ORLEANS inspired food & drink specials!! ZYDECO music & free BEADS! HALF-PRICED Hurricanes during Happy Hour from 4-7 & find the baby in the king cake to win PRIZES & be CROWNED king or queen of Mardi Gras! (exclamation points-FREE)
- Nobody does crawfish in like Acadiana. Those are on the special Mardi Gras menu tonight, along with real CRACKLIN’ at the bar, and drinks including the Category 5, their version of the Hurricane.
- Crawdads not your thing? How about alligator? Rabbit? Andouille sausage and catfish gumbo? Jackson 20 has got you covered with all those delicacies, drink specials, and live New Orleans jazz.
- In true Southern fashion, there’s an ALL-YOU-CAN-EAT Fat Tuesday buffet at Bayou with live music, all day long. Fight the urge to slip into a food coma and stay for the live music.
- If you really want to get into the spirit of the holiday, Georgetown Tobacco has real Venetian-made masks for sale for all you Mardi Gras over-achievers.
- Already stuffed? Pulitzer Prize-winner and Post and City Paper alum Katherine Boo is at Politics and Prose tonight reading from her first/new book.
- + much, much more.