Welcome to your daily Hit List featuring the shows, openings, and ritual gatherings that will set your social dial to MAX FUN.
And if you don’t dig our picks, there are tons of other events to check out on our AGENDA (side note: promoters/venues: posting events in the AGENDA is free and open to all-so please use it. )
- HELLO AND WELCOME TO TAX DAY. There are a ton of great ways to cash in, like with BLT Steak’s alcohol selection at 50 percent off. (We’ve got a slew of other great specials in our FREE AND ALMOST FREE THINGS TO DO IN DC post, which you can find right over here.)
- YOU WANT SHOWS? WE GOT ‘EM. Get real post-rocky with The Appleseed Cast at Rock and Roll Hotel.
- Chris Dave has backed D’Angelo, Beyonce, Maxwell and Adele, so don’t act like you’re too good or whatever. Chris and The Drumhedz are playing Howard Theatre tonight so let’s get funky.
- If you’re feeling sinister, Esben and the Witch are bringing their own brand of macabre rock to DC9.
- Or get real jazzy and classy with Jeff Lorber Fusion at The Hamilton.
- We’re right in the thick of Filmfest DC, which showcases over 80 features, documentaries, and shorts. Click here for more info and get ready for some world-class cinema.
- Orrrrrr if you’re feeling really extroverted, head to Penn Social for Karaoke and a bazillion beer specials.
- And lastly, Andrew McMahon at 9:30 Club is SOLD OUT. Shhhhhhhhhh. dry your tears to this: