Welcome to your daily Hit List featuring the shows, openings, and ritual gatherings that will set your social dial to MAX FUN.
And if you don’t dig our picks, there are tons of other events to check out on our AGENDA (side note: promoters/venues: posting events in the AGENDA is free and open to all-so please use it.
HAPPY MARDI GRAS, Y’ALL!
- EAT, EAT, EAT the most delicious Cajun cuisine at Southern Hospitality. Enjoy an all-you-can-eat buffet while DJ Vicious puts you in the mood to get weird.
- Starting at 4 pm Rumors is hosting a mega-awesome Bourbon Street Bash featuring a live brass band, drink specials, New Orleans-style food, masks, beads, dancing (you get the gist.)
- The Mardi Gras madness headquarters seems to be the BAYOU GRAS BLOCK PARTY at Bayou Bakery in Clarendon. The New Orleans themed bash will feature a whole heap of food, Abita beer, an endless amount of king cake, and a costume contest all underneath a heated tent. Tix are available here or at the door. The partay kicks off at 5 pm and runs until 11.
- The winner of the Bayou Gras Block Party costume contest will ride in a float during the 15th Annual MARDI GRAS PARADE in Arlington, which conveniently kicks off at Bayou Bakery at 8 pm.
- For a more subdued celebration, Acadania is offering a prix fixe menu featuring everything from crawfish to jambalaya. ($50)
- If you’d rather listen to music than stuff your face with king cake and gumbo, Rufus Wainwright is bringing his baroque pop tunez to 9:30 Club. Tix are still available here ($40.)
- Indie-rockers/eclectic shoegazers Mice Parade will undoubtedly put on a unique show at Black Cat tonight. Snag your tickets here ($12.)
- If you’re into something a little heavier and don’t scare easily, Vetran heavy-metal band Testament are bringing their aptly-titled “Thrash” tour to The Fillmore tonight. Doors are at 6:00 and tix are available here ($27.50.)
- For all of you hopeless romantics, head on over to the Friendship Heights Village Center and learn how to use self-hypnosis to boost self esteem and help you find lurrrve. ($35)