Welcome to your daily Hit List featuring the shows, events, gatherings, and so on that will keep your social life slightly above average!
And if you’re not about anything we show you now, there are tons of other events to check out on our AGENDA (side note: promoters/venues: posting events in the AGENDA is free and open to all-so please use it.)
Now, what to do, what to do…
- Jukebox the Ghost will be playing at the 9:30 Club. That’s where I’ll be, and I suggest you do the same.
- You should go see The Lonely Biscuits at DC9. Do I know who they are? No, but I like the band name–it’s whimsical and not overly precious. Sometimes I like to think of myself as a lonely biscuit.
bgcol=FFFFFF linkcol=4285BB size=grande]
- Pete Rock will be playing at U Street Music Hall. Sucka MCs better watch out.
- If you’re in the mood for something more Portuguese, Companhia Portuguesa de Bailado Contemporaneo will be at the Kennedy Center. One would imagine the dancing at this event will be fancy, fantastic.
- Tuesday is karaoke night at Wonderland Ballroom. It’s karaoke for everybody! with Ralph, who says I show real potential.
- People in the burbs can enjoy some trivia at Denizens. Or they can stay in and succumb to the inevitable boredom of their day-in, day-out lives.