Welcome to your daily Hit List featuring the shows, events, gatherings, and so on that will keep your social life slightly above average!
And if you’re not about anything we show you now, there are tons of other events to check out on our AGENDA (side note: promoters/venues: posting events in the AGENDA is free and open to all-so please use it.)
BEFORE ANYTHING ELSE: Keep an eye on our YOUR BEST FEBRUARY story all month. It will be always there for you.
- First up-CONSUME some good beer. Jack Rose and Atlas Brew Works are unveiling a shiny new collaboration beer, which was barrel-aged in 26+-year-old apple brandy barrels. It’s kind of the beer equivalent of the Jack Rose cocktail, tying together the worlds of beer and spirits. From 6-9pm, they’ll offer $5 draft specials on rare beers, plus $4 Atlas can specials, apple brandies on draft, and a beer-inspired Jack Rose cocktail on special. (Bonus: We have a behind-the-scenes story on Atlas Brew Works coming next week. Do your homework.)
Then, go to some shows:
- If you have yet to see a show inside a historic synagogue, or if you have, either way this Wednesday’s show at Sixth and I featuring Kevin Devine and Laura Stevenson is a must see.
- Wynton Marsalis is a Pulitzer Prize winning performer, composer, educator, and one of the last great hopes for jazz. The dude is too legit, so check out the Marsalis Quintet at the Strathmore. Be cultured, my friend.
- Natalie Prass has a sound for everybody–a voice that’s so smooth and golden. She’ll be at DC9.
- If you don’t want to commit to a show, Marvin’s rooftop lounge will be pumping out the jams.
- Got the boogie and just need to get it out? DJ Sliink with Enferno got you covered at U Street Dance Hall.
Groovy with that?