It’s the most romantic month of the year! As long as you’re not alone. If you’re alone, well, this month hates you.
- You have less than two weeks to come up with the prefect Valentine’s Day date. Do yourself a favor and don’t wait until last minute to do this. If you need help consult BYT first date guide.
- On second thoughts, Valentine’s Day isn’t a great time for a first date. So perhaps you should also check out with our seal-the-deal date guide. You’re welcome.
- solid first date suggestion for today though: the $2 movie deal at Arlington Cinema & Drafthouse, which is showing “Gone Girl” (nominated for Best Actress) tonight. Cheap, challenging, a great litmus test of potential psychosis of your future partner – check, check, check.
- Now if you’re alone–it’s totally cool, no judgment–embrace that shit and go see a movie by your damn self. And make sure its something super serious and depressing like White Rabbit, a gritty crime thriller about a veteran of the Iraq War.
- BONUS to aloneness: eating ALL THE TACOS. Click here for some handy Taco Tuesday deals happening around town.
- Or better yet, own that loneliness and go listen to some sad sack music by yourself. Damien Jurado is playing at the Rock & Roll Hotel. The Seattle singer-songwriter began his career releasing lo-fi folk based recordings on his own cassette-only label. Now doesn’t that sound prefect. BONUS: READ OUR INTERVIEW WITH DAMIEN HERE.