Welcome to your daily Hit List featuring the shows, events, gatherings, and so on that will keep your social life slightly above average!
And if you’re not about anything we show you now, there are tons of other events to check out on our AGENDA (side note: promoters/venues: posting events in the AGENDA is free and open to all-so please use it.)
- We recommend a lot of Kennedy Center shows but this is the only Kennedy Center show we recommend that features a majority of tubas. The 41st annual Merry TubaChristmas takes over the Millennium Stage at 6 p.m.
- Robert Randolph and the Family Band will be at the 9:30 Club. Your dad will like him. He’s good at pedal steel guitar.
- Tube & Berger will be at U Street Music Hall with The Elders and Ozker. “What is this shit?”-your dad, probably. Earlier in the evening is the DanceSafe Happy Hour @ U Street Music Hall. More on that at 10 a.m.
- Cymbals Eat Guitars will be at DC9 with Alex G and Ricky Eat Acid. “You just don’t get me, dad.” – you
- Listen to Jonathan Berger talk about how he made an opera about technology by using medical and neuroscience research at the Library of Congress. We get it, Jonathan Berger, you’re really, really smart.
- America’s Future Workforce is hosting a holiday party and you can get free food and drinks out of it.
- The Ronald Reagan Building is hosting the 3rd annual Winternational festival with free performances and food and culture. It’s free to get in but register here.