Welcome to your daily Hit List featuring the shows, events, gatherings, and so on that will keep your social life slightly above average!
And if you’re not about anything we show you now, there are tons of other events to check out on our AGENDA (side note: promoters/venues: posting events in the AGENDA is free and open to all-so please use it.)
- Funny funnyman who plays a man that isn’t supposed to be funny but is very funny, Neil Hamburger, is at Black Cat.
- Interesting foodie event. José Andrés, along with NGT Executive Producer Pam Caragol Wells, and primatologist and author of Catching Fire: How Cooking Made Us Human, Richard Wrangham, will participate in a conversation on the new Nat Geo series, EAT: The Story of Food. Following the screening and conversation will be samples for all. Sounds good.
- This is the most poorly worded tour of 2014. Here we go. At Fillmore Silver Spring this Monday evening is, get ready, “The Noise Presents In This Moment: Black Widow Tour.” Not sure what any of that means? In This Moment is a band. They are headlining the Fillmore. Twelve Foot Ninja, Starset and 3 Pill Morning are also on the bill. Not sure what “The Noise” is or “Black Widow” is but based on their press photo, it looks like the staff at the Fillmore is going to have a hell of a time cleaning their dressing room post-show.
- Interested in theatre but not paying for theatre? There’s a reading of the play Rank at Ri Ra in Georgetown.
- Interested in comedy but not paying for comedy? Chris Gethard is at the Kennedy Center.
- Interested in Monday Night Football? Go to Chief Ike’s.