Welcome to your daily Hit List featuring the shows, events, gatherings, and so on that will keep your social life slightly above average!
And if you’re not about anything we show you now, there are tons of other events to check out on our AGENDA (side note: promoters/venues: posting events in the AGENDA is free and open to all-so please use it.)
Congratulations! We’ve finally reached December 1st, Movermeber has come to a close. Time to shave away that itchy, fuzz face you’d grown out of the charity of your heart–that very same altruistic piece of you that so loved participating in the ice bucket challenge. Go ahead and pat yourself on the back there champion. Why not celebrate all that fine awareness raised?
- People are hosting Mo parties all across America. Jack Rose will be hosting one from 6-9pm with complimentary mustache shaves from Roosters. Wouldn’t it be nice to have someone else handle those hairs for you? Plus, Jim Beam drink specials.
- The Death From Above 1979 show at 9:30 is sold-out but StubHub exists.
- On Mondays, Catch 15 has an all night happy hour deal that includes $1.25 oysters. Oysters are how a boss celebrates.
- If seafood ain’t your bag. Have that liquid dinner of yours at Bar Charley’s all night happy hour.
- Home Free, a vocal band, is playing at the Fillmore. Good for them.
- Not ready to say goodbye to the facial hair? Still eating leftovers? Want to wait out the winter from the comfort of the sofa?Movie streaming was designed for just this sort of human hibernation, so indulge and take a look at our post-thanksgiving food coma movie list.
- Want to get your fill of DC’s best local comedy? Head down to the DC Improv for their monthly open mic. You can reserve seats online (they’re free!) but the service charge still applies so please feel free to walk up! Or Walk Hard! Or The Walking Dead! See you tonight for all the funnies.